TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 August 2015
I confess I have never owned a wormery before. However we have just moved to a smaller house and I wont be able to have the numerous compost heaps I had before.
I needed something smaller and more efficient. This looks like it will fit the bill.

Wormery came within two days of ordering and was well packaged. Really easy to set up. There are instructions but you can also easily work it out. Base slots together, install tap add one tray. Spread a few sheets of newspaper on the base. Soak coir and place on newspaper. Add worms and a handful of worm food and some old compost. Add and inch or two of shredded paper on top of them and pop the lid on.

A "How to use your wormery" leaflet is included and as long as you follow it I don't see a problem.
This unit is a lot more expensive than some of the imported ones but it is well made and the makers are contactable for help and advice. Absolutely poured down today and the design kept the worms totally dry. Worth the money I'd say.
We will see how it goes and I will update in the future

**** Five months later and all is going well. I have lost a couple of worms that made their way down to the plug and drowned but that's all. Nearly filled a tray now with compost so they have been hungry little devils. I was becoming concerned with the amount of little flies that buzzed around when you lifted the lid but a couple of handfuls of shredded paper on the top seems to control them nicely. The worms are slowing down now due to the air temperature dropping but hopefully I will have enough compost for a couple of pots this spring.

**** Ten months later and I have a lovely box full of compost. Most of the worms have now worked their way up to the second level and are happily munching away on it. The compost is a lot finer and darker than the usual garden bin variety. I haven't had any worm juice to use though. I have checked my moisture levels and all is fine. I must have thirstier worms than most!
* I had a blockage in the tap. Loads of worm juice now and the fruit trees love it.

***** Two years with the wormery.
Decomposes waste at about the same rate as a compost bin (maybe I need more worms) but the compost is of a far better quality, I currently have rhubarb growing on the last batch and it's starting to take over the garden,
I really think worm juice has magical properties! All my plants love it. Vegetable patch and fruit trees thrive on it. Tomato plants love it.
It's strong stuff though. I forgot to water it down and killed a passion fruit plant in days when I put it on neat. I get around a litre a week of the stuff so we've stopped buying plant food.
43 people found this helpful
on 8 May 2016
A very happy customer...... 4 tray wormery with worms
Exceptional delivery service, I ordered it one day at 8:30am and it was with me by 9am next morning.
It's really easy to put together via instructions given with it or if you do struggle with that there is a video on there web site and one on u tube that explains how to do it in more detail.
It took me half an hour from start to finnish to put it together.
It's very sturdy and made from good quality plastic which is a good thickness.
Everything is in the kit that you need to set it up and get it going, no hidden extras need to be brought, except you do need is a small amount of soil and a news paper.

I'm no expert but I have done some research into keeping a wormery so I thought I'd add some tips to help you.
If ordered wormery with worms put together as soon as you can as in same day, I know this sounds silly but the odd person as be known to leave it for days and wonder why the worms have died.
Use rain water to soak the paper and the brown brick as worms don't like tap water.
Don't use any thing metal in wormery to move soil as worms really don't like it.
Don't over feed wormery as this is not good for worms, any left over waste/food put in your compost bin.
Don't put any citrus fruit in wormery.
Keep wormery in cool place out of any direct sunlight.
Soil needed, I used out of my flower bed making sure there were no bugs or worms in it first before adding it to it, the reason for this is because it has some bacteria in it that helps kick start the wormery. Make sure your soil has no chemicals on it or it has been treated with anything or it might kill your worms, if in doubt use organic compost.

One last thing I'd like to add is that I put it together with my 6yr old granddaughter and it really was a delight to watch her face full of amazement and excitment as we worked through the steps of putting it together and then putting the worms in at the end.
29 people found this helpful
on 15 July 2016
My wormery has now been setup and active for a month or so. I'm still using just one of the extenders, but its almost full. The worms seem to have settled in nicely and haven't died or anything else nasty. The product and worms were delivered very quickly and were very careful packaged for delivery. Assembly of the product was very straight forward and the instructions which came with it were very clear and precise.

I would recommend this product to other people.
6 people found this helpful
on 27 April 2016
Brilliant service. I had previously ordered a wormery from Argos only to be told they couldn't deliver to my area. Thrilled to find this better one, made in the UK, supplied fully ready to set up including worms. And a very helpful lady phoned to confirm my delivery address and then arranged delivery to suit me. Delighted, and my worms and looking very happy and settled in their new home.
7 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2016
I received the wormery yesterday. I ordered the standard black one. It was very easy to assemble and is sturdy. A very generous amount of tiger worms, as well as worm food to get them started, was included it the package. This is a large wormery so I am hopeful that, once established, the worms will be able to process a substantial proportion of the kitchen and household waste.
4 people found this helpful
on 4 February 2016
Awesome composting bin, I've had mine for 4 years now and it's still cranking out awesome fresh soil. Trays are easy to move around and the set up drains well so no drowning worms.The worms seem indestructible
8 people found this helpful
on 2 May 2018
I bought this to replace a normal compost bin that was collapsing. I was looking for something rodent proof and found this wormery. I cannot believe how much I have learnt about worms since deciding to purchase this. I am now obsessed with making sure my worms have settled in and are happy. I have only had it a week so they are still settling in. Time will tell if it can cope with the amount that my family creates.
on 7 October 2015
I have been very pleased with this wormery and it provides good compost and lots of worms.My only critsism is the tap needs to be situated
lower as water can build up in the bottom of the trough and drown some worms.You need to drain it regularly and even tip it a bit to make sure
you get rid of all the water.
4 people found this helpful
|44 Comments|Report abuse
on 27 February 2018
Just started using this. Arrived quickly, easy to assemble, worms appear to be settling in. Due to design will hopefully have no problems with rain etc. getting in and should be easy to drain fluid.
One person found this helpful
on 15 January 2018
delivered earlier than estimated. Instructions clear. Easy to fit in small garden
2 people found this helpful