on 1 February 2014
Well, who'd have though it? Here I am in my 50's, finally overcoming my lifetime terror of dancing and actually taking dance lessons from the most patient Philippe. One hour a week isn't enough though to beat both of my left feet into some form of order so some practice music was in order. After much browsing, I selected this excellent album.

Each of the song titles includes their respective dance (foxtrot, waltz, rumba etc.) so that creating a play list for a practice sequence was dead easy and, unlike many of the offering I browsed, the music isn't all cheesy Andre Rieu style stuff but mostly proper music including popular music from the 50's and 60's.

There are, however, a couple of notable absences:

. There are no specific Argentine Tango tracks but it I found a splendid album "Tangos de Recuerdo" which includes probably the most instantly recognisable tango (as immortalised by Arnie and Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies) "Per Una Cabeza".

. Having progress a bit further, we've been tackling the Paso Doble - another unexpected absence on this album. It's easily solved, though, as there are plenty of well known pop examples : Abba - Lay all your love on me, The Animals - Don't let me be Misunderstood & Ghostriders in the Sky to name but a few.

Similarly, the two Samba tracks on the album are far too frantic for a beginner struggling with, in particular, the tricky turns. Try downloading Santana's "Samba Pa Ti" - a lovely bit of music and a nice slow samba into the bargain.

All-in-all, this album is a good starting point for an accompaniment to our dance practice sessions in the kitchen. Bought from Amazon.fr thanks to the ever annoying geographic restrictions.
on 2 April 2013
When I saw this album I thought wow. This is cheap and you get 100 tracks too.

If you love the foxtrot and are not keen on other dances say samba then this is perfect. There are something like 20 foxtrot and 2 samba dances in there. I had not studied the tracks before purchasing and it is very bias towards some dances. Also several of the tracks change tempo half way through.

Adds to my collection of dance music but variety of tracks is.poor.
on 4 October 2013
I purchased this collection from Amazon mostly due to their claim that this is a 'HD Digitally Remastered' collection. Imagine my surprise to discover that this is a collection of very poor quality VBR (variable bitrate) files with quality down as low as 130kb/s. In fact an illegal rip from the internet would be better quality than this.

Very disappointing, I am a professional DJ and purchase my music legally - it ends up worse quality than those who download illegally! I will be pressing 'delete' on this collection and putting it down to 'yet another poor quality amazon purchase'. One day I'll learn my lesson! My advice is dont buy Amazon downloads, buy original CDs instead and convert them yourselves.

It's a shame as the colelction itself has some nice tracks in although is biased towards a couple of dances and very sparse on the others.
on 14 July 2013
Who wants to dance to half-baked instrumentals when for this bargain price you dance to the real vocal hits from the stars? This is a nice set of hits from the golden age of ballroom 1950s . Largely American artists, this volume nevertheless captures the Blackpool ballroom atmosphere and will appeal to nostalgia-seekers of all ages. Oldies will also find it very nice easy listening, I should think.
on 20 January 2014
A great selection of great standards sung by some old favourites. Very good value for the amount of tracks, which all have that essential labelling for all novices of what type of dance each track is. As all tracks have vocals from well known artists, it's a good easy listening compilation too, whether you dance to it or not.
on 8 January 2015
Having done Ballroom dancing for some years, I have slowly amassed a collection of suitable music. This album is one of the best in my collection, excellent quality audio tracks, and unbeatable value. To get 100 tracks for not much more than a fiver is a steal!
on 5 May 2014
The music is useful but I would only use it in many cases as a last resort as there is an overwhelming amount of foxtrot and jive music while not anywhere near as much music for the other ballroom and dance genres.
on 23 February 2015
This album was the perfect tablet download for practising ballroom steps in large hotel room.
on 13 February 2015
Not amazing but serves a purpose, there are better compilations out there
on 19 October 2014
Ok but just s little bit old would have liked more up yo date tracks