on 12 December 2012
I love this book and I have read it several times.

The book is a nice and easy read, nothing complicated or difficult about the book. The book starts of with the main Caracter going to Scotland as on a job for her Boss which she have never meet as she is a Virtual Assistance. She goes to Scotland to see to one of his businesses and to report back as to what is going on. When she arrives at the place she warms to the people and suddently get involved in saving the business instead of just reporting back that best option is to close down the Business.

She becomes very friendly with some of the locals and also helps out in a "cafe" on wheels, which is not appreciated by some of the family she is staying with as they think of them selves as Posh.

She is in a relation ship when she goes to Scotland, however, she starts questioning if it is the right one when she starts thinking of another man.

The story is funny and laughable, the people and situations the main caracter suddently is in, are described so well that you can imagine very well what is going on. The book is written in Katies usual relaxed style and there is funny sides to all the caracters but also they are described so we can imagine them.

What I love about the book is that it doesn't require any thinking it is just a lovely relaxed story and nothing complicated. At times it is predictable however this in my opinion is what I want of a Chick lit story. I want to be able to imagine and just enjoy the story, I want to be able to put away the book and come straight back into it again no matter if I'm tired/travelling or on a bus or train.
5 people found this helpful
on 26 January 2015
Good story but reading it second tine around i couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed with the main character. She was far too easily angered by things and didn't wait to get the whole story before shouting at someone. I understand what it's like to feel strongly about something but that sort of behaviour would normally get someone fired and is, in my opinion, unacceptable. She also took on extra responsibilities without hours of arriving (who does that?) and seemed to have no common sense when it came to going out in the snow. A decent book from Katie Fforde, perfectly acceptable if you are on a plane or train journey but not one of her best.
on 10 April 2018
I would definitely recommend this book as well as any of Katie Fforde's other books. It was a lovely story and I enjoyed the characters and how they interacted with everything. I could imagine the accents and the mills, the scenery! Loved it all!
on 30 April 2017
My wife ordered this book on my account without any explanation. Her kindle is permanently linked to my account so that I can monitor her activities. She has now read it at least 3 times which is a good indicator that she loves it. I'm not allowed to read it because it has a few moments of sex in it. I'm guessing that it deserves the 5 stars..... You're welcome!
on 1 December 2013
A determined and successful young woman enters a tricky situation trying to save a failing business while staying with a difficult but lovable family. Lots of insights on village life and life on the wild moors of Scotland, and despite its flippant title this novel is really a cut above the usual romance novel nonsense. The male love interest is intriguing and there is a strong theme throughout the novel of saving (in the sense of salvation.) This book would make an excellent winter holiday or birthday gift.
on 25 March 2017
I first read this book many years ago when it was released and it as just as good today. Katie Fforde's work doesn't age and has always been a great way to escape the world for a while!
on 1 March 2018
Not really had time to seat and read this, but if this book is good as the authors other books looking forward to reading it,
on 19 July 2017