Customer reviews

on 11 June 2017
Wife loves it she can plug her Ipod into her old loud stereo and lock herself away with Prince.
on 24 September 2015
Thought it would be a simple Job of getting iPad/iPhone videos to your TV using original Apple (pricey) lead..so you'd expect that surely all would be good. Caveats for those not in the know. It's Not compatible with iPhone beyond 4s even with the micro adapter. You get sound no picture which was not anticipated. I was going on hols, had an old iPad so filled it with content for the kids and set off disappointed but not beaten.. Point 2. It ONLY plays content from Apple videos .. So you're iplayer / sky go etc downloads are nul and void if u want them on the big screen.kids had only regurgitated peppa pig on repeat purchased off iTunes to watch. That's how Apple roll it seems. Luckily the weather, pool & hotel were nice so wasn't so desperately required !
on 19 February 2014
I needed a cable so that I could connect my iPhone to the stereo in my new car. I presumed it was just a USB cable I needed but this was not working and I ended up going to the Mazda garage where they told me I required a AV cable and tried to sell me one that looked pre-owned at a cost of £50 so I thought I would have a look on Amazon. I found this Apple cable for £5 less than Apple sell them for and decided to give it a go.
I find it works really well, it plays my music from my phone through my car stereo and even displays the album artwork on the stereo screen. The sound quality seems really good to me although I am no expert. I do not know what the picture quality would be like if it was used to play videos but it does the job I needed it to.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2016
It was not clear to me from the product description and arty product photo that this cable does not fit any modern apple devices (eg. ipad or ipod) - and is thus useless.
I tried to return it but Amazon, for some reason, will not accept it at a Collect+ store instead insisting I devote 1/4 day to travel across the city to a store with a locker. Of course Amazon provide no customer services to resolve this so I am stuck with a useless item.
on 7 February 2015
Use this cable to hook up an iPod permanently in my car, for the most part it works but on occasions it will for no particular reason disconnect itself and then a couple of minutes later reconnect, at first i thought it was the cable so I had it exchanged but the 2nd cable exhibits the same trait, I've tried it in another car and it did the same. But at least this cable worked similar no-apple cable have all failed to work.
on 5 March 2015
Used to connect an old iPhone (4) to head unit for sat nav app. Works a treat. Also, when connected to usb from head unit, allows me to control phone from stereo
on 15 August 2015
I have not yet had the opportunity to try this purchase out,looking at the item it appears to be of exceptional design and build,it arrived on time as advised.
on 4 February 2014
It works. I can listen to tunes in my car, and control it on the touchscreen. It's brilliant. Don't buy off-brand because, to my cost, they don't work.
on 18 June 2012
I bought this cable from an Apple store. Got it home, connected it to my iPad and my iPhone 4S to find that I was getting sound but no image. Went back to the store and queried the product thinking that it must have just been a faulty example.

In the Apple store they tested it out and agreed that it did not work. They were about to replace it but I asked them to test out the new replacement one too - just in case..... It did not work either. And then another 2 cables were also found to function incorrectly too.... Red-faced, they told me it must have been a faulty batch!!!! Apple Composite AV Cable - Power / audio / video cable - composite video / audio - RCA, 4 pin USB Type A (power only) (M) - 30-pin dock connector (M)
on 15 February 2016
Great cable, works perfectly with my iPod classic