on 23 January 2012
I bought this game for my daughter, as my son has pokemon black and there is only one save slot in the game. The games are identical, apart from the fact that certain pokemon are only available in the black or the white version, so you need access to both games to complete the pkedex and collect all the pokemon. My 9 year old daughter loves this game and has played it non stop since it came on saturday. Because we have both the games, the kids are able to battle each other wirelessley on the DS. This is a great game and you do not have to have played the previous games to pick it up. It is suitable for anyone aged 6 and over, but will especially appeal to kids aged 7-13 as they love collecting the creatures and battling them.
on 8 July 2017
Bought without the box as I wasn't really fussed, I'd sold the game before in the past and I really miss playing it. I've played every single Pokemon game and Pokemon white is a great game, never bored of replaying it! I've been aiming to buy all the games, only black and black 2 to go!
on 19 April 2015
I enjoyed it for the first 3 hours but then I got really bored.
I have played every handheld main-series Pokémon game and I was not impressed by the 5th generation. Also due to Nintendo shutting down the GTS after the purchase of the game, I was unable to trade for a Zorua/Zoroark, which was one of the main Pokémon I was excited about using, and there is no other way to get that Pokémon.
on 13 January 2012
Love this game, as a fan of all previous pokemon games this one is the best yet!
It has new feature called game sync, which took me a while to get used to but it really is useful for acquiring Pokemon from older games. It also has new camera angles, for instance when crossing a bridge the camera is hoovering behind you and above you at times which is quite cool!
Gameplay is the same as previous games, defeat the bosses and eventually the elite four.
The game also has seasons, a new season starts when a new month starts in real time.

Great game!
on 19 September 2012
An amazing game that, for me, manages to capture the magic of pokémon in a way I have not felt since the original Gameboy games. Having entirely new pokémon at first makes it seem fresh and exciting, though I was pleased to see my favourites later on. The graphics aren't too much improved from fourth gen but the added touches at the beginning of important battles and seasonal changes really make the difference. This game has bought me hours of fun and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 25 June 2012
I was looking forward to playing this game as I have played all the previous pokemon games before it, and I was hoping it was going to be bigger and better than its predesessors, which it is......kind of.

The main problem I have with all of the pokemon games is their longevity. They really don't take that long to complete, and once you complete the main story part of the game there is very little extra for you to do. I was hoping that Pokemon White would be different but it isn't really. After you complete the main story line there isn't that much to do in the game apart from catch a few extra pokemon and a few more battles (sorry if this spoilt anything) which is ok but I personally would like a bit more to do. Filling up the pokedex is fine but gets pretty boring after a while. I know the capabilities of the DS are rather limited but I just wish GameFreak would make a much bigger version of the pokemon games with hundreds+ hours of gameplay and storylines/quests.

One thing to note is that if you dont have an internet connection to connect your DS console to wi-fi you will be VERY limited in what you can do after the main story part of the game. I know this may seem silly as pretty much everyone has an internet connection these days but I think its worth noting.

Apert from this, it is a good game. The gameplay is still more or less the same than in the previous games with the exception of some improved graphics and it is really addictive (as are the previous games). There are new pokemon which will keep you busy for a while remembering all their names and types etc. with some of the older generation pokemon available later in the game.
If you liked any of the previous pokemon games then I definitely recommend this game, even if it may just leave you wanting more!
on 18 November 2012
The small differences between this and Pokemon Black make it really interesting to play both games in succession, or even at the same time. I haven't finished this game yet, but I am looking forward to being able to complete the Regional Pokedex for the Fifth Generation Pokemon games by catching Thundurus and Zekrom (both are only available on Pokemon White, but appear as 'empty' spaces on the Regional Pokedex on Pokemon Black until you transfer them over from Pokemon White- once you have Tornadus and Thundurus on one game, you get the chance to catch Landorus, the final legendary pokemon in the Fifth Generation). As I've already said, there are differences in the story lines of Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, so if you're interested in seeing the full story buying Pokemon White will probably be a good idea.
on 18 April 2011
I know, there's so many games in the Pokémon franchise that they should probably stop now. How different can Pokémon get? Well, if you've never liked Pokémon, you probably still won't like it. However, surprisingly, this game feels so much more fresh in comparison to the previous ones. What I love most about this version is the fact that none of the previous Pokémon are in this game until you complete it. None what so ever. Now you're probably thinking, isn't that a downside? Not really. Wasn't it originally exciting discovering new Pokémon and learning their capabilities and finding out which one is for you? What went wrong with the previous games is that people already had their favourites and would generally choose that over anything else because they know they're good. This has forced older players, like myself, to almost be on level with newcomers to this game. Obviously the general formula of this game hasn't changed but it's still refreshing. Another thing I like about this game is the motive of the villains. Usually they generally have evil intentions but these ones want to save Pokémon from trainers. In some cases, I've agreed with the villain's questions and I feel it makes this generation just a bit more deeper and meaningful. Their approach maybe bad, but aren't their intentions good? It's been boring that we know the villain wants to take over the world and control all Pokémon, so this change is welcomed. Now why did I take off one star? (I always seem to give 4 stars) The reason for this is because, despite how fun this game is, there are still pretty crappy Pokémon that's been invented for this generation. An example? Trubbish and its evolution. I feel like Game Freak may have had trouble with the creativity this time. However, don't let this deter you.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BLACK AND WHITE: For those wondering the difference between these games, I wondered this myself. You all know there's some Pokémon you can't get in both versions and you can't get the same legendary. The main difference is that the Black version will get Black City where you'll be able to battle lots of trainers and generally have a more technological/futuristic feel in some cities. In contrast, the White version will focus on nature instead of technology, you will have a White Forest instead of Black City (in the exact same place where Black City should be) and instead of battling trainers, you'll be able to capture even more Pokémon in this forest that Pokémon Black players will be unable to. Hope this helps.
on 12 October 2017
Boys have never stopped playing it. Great condition and price
on 14 February 2013
A great game for all Pokemon lovers, with new Pokemon to find and catch, with a new way of seeing the Pokemon world, it's as if you are in something similar to 'Google maps'. More exciting battles with tougher enemies, more powerful legendary Pokemon to find and catch. Perfect game for anyone who loves these great games.