Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 23 August 1998
I had to think of the movie Stargate after reading this book. I checked the copyright date and realized Doherty had written this well before the movie which was interesting. I thought the ending was a great twist. Why does the biggest rock in the world sit in the middle of the Australian outback anyway? Very enjoyable and interesting.
on 11 January 1999
I liked reading this book-- the pace was crisp, the technobabble at a minimum. Nice twist at the end. Also enjoyed Doherty's Area 51 series.
on 28 October 1998
I'm an avid science fiction reader and English teacher. This book is poorly written, the plot jumps around and is unresolved at the end, and the characters are poorly developed. I wonder who actually wrote all these reviews on the book? My husband, a History Professor, threw it in the trash can at about page 100. I really think this book is a waste of money.
on 4 February 2014
Recommend this to all. Complex characters, intoxicating plot and a fabulous twist for the finale. This book sums up the need for change in our world today. We are the only ones who can do it. In the words of a well-known Scottish band .... let's "Come together!" ! Off to read another of this Author's books
on 4 December 1998
I enjoyed this novel. Not quite sure where it fits in science fiction-- a lot of action, with some twists and turns. Another book I'd recommend is The Time Patrol.
on 17 August 1998
I've checked this author's web site out and he's written these books and many more. Glad I've found them. Plus he's got a book coming out on Atlantis next year. Can't wait. This book reminded me a lot of Stargate but with a better ending.
on 23 November 1998
Once again, an awesome story filled with adventure. Hard to put down. Even though the story jumps around often, it doesn't hurt the story-telling. You're free to open your mind and travel with the author to remote locations as the plot thickens and begins to converge toward a totally satisfying ending. Good job; keep it coming.
on 12 February 1999
This is the best story I've ever read. It's good because the story is entertaining. I read this book in 4 1/2 hours. I couldn't put it down. I love his Are 51 books, but I definatly think that this story was superior. I'd love a sequal, but the ending didn't seem to lead to another. I guess I can just hope! Jesse
on 11 June 1997
The Rock by Robert Doherty (real name Bob Mayer,of course) is some good science fiction, involving some interesting views of things such as Meteor Crater in Arizona, and the 1908 Tunguska Explosion in Siberia. The Rock also had an interesting military element, reminiscent somewhat of "Stargate" at some points.
on 15 February 1999
This book, as well as the area 51 books, is a very entertaining read. Mr. Doherty (Mayer) spins a good tail. There are a few mistakes in the book, however, that are distracting (I won't ruin it for you, they are worth looking for.) I recommend this book if you like a good story and don't get put off by mistakes.