Format: DVD|Change

on 28 March 2011
I have seen some comments giving one star and had to laugh. I'm sure these type of reviewers still believe in the tooth Fairy and everything 'golden' about Hollywood, or what a Brit film is suppossed to be. Of course everyone has an opinion - and I have mine. And I'm neither cast or crew. What I love about Terry is that it doesn't try to be anything other than what it is. Yes it's shot on a low-budget hand-held, but it tells you this on the tin. The story is solid and believeable, unlike so many films that are so far-fetched even for the most shroom filled imagination. There are no plot holes, and the script (if it even was scripted) is awesome and feels very real (hence why I am not sure how much of it was actually scripted). The acting and directing is superb and very believable - to quote from the film 'I'm not a bad boy or nothing, I'm just Terry'...We could do with more films like this. You can gloss and CG and import as many 'known' acotrs as you want into a film and end up with rubbish like Shank or 4,3,2,1 or Hard Men - but to do a film real justice, at least have a story. Terry ticks this box. I highly recommend it...
on 27 March 2015
Described with wild enthusiasm in some quarters as the British gangster film that "spits in the eye of its rivals", Terry is as much use as a spilled pint of extra strong lager. A plague on those who commend its gritty, in your face realism and no holds barred take on drugs, firearms and the urban malaise, it's a shocker only in the level of its awfulness, a bad idea that doesn't work. Fictional film maker Charles hooks up with bad boy Terry (Nick Nevern - also director and writer). "Keep shooting, yeah..." We roam the streets with them, encountering the likes of tragic best mate Spencer (engaged in hastily interrupted oral sex), witnessing marital; disputes, coke-taking and fire-arm brandishing. We get to see Terry shoot pool and get all deep about his own bad habits. There ain't much of a plot, but it's all real, right? Branded a 'a wake-up call', feel street to smash the alarm clock to smithereens. It's what Terry would have done.
on 22 July 2015
Thankfully I bought this second hand for a couple of pounds as it is truly a terrible "film". Aggravating and annoying are the other words to describe it.
I didn't make it to the end before putting it in the bin, something I've never done before with a DVD
on 16 March 2011
I've been looking forward to the dvd release of this excellent new Brit Flick, I saw it at the cinema the other week & loved it & I now have my own copy to watch again & again and it gets better with every viewing! Everyone should see this film!!
on 26 January 2011
Was lucky enough to see the preview of this film at the Portabello festival in London last year (I believe it won an award their as well)

Great film, real gritty subject but far more engaging than your average British Gangster flick - fantastic to see something so good come out of the UK underground scene - best of luck to the cast and crew, this deserves to well!
on 10 October 2013
What a complete load of rubbish, someone said that it cost £500 to make the film, I would doubt the cost was anywhere near that, it looks like it has been filmed on a mobile phone.

Without doubt the worst DVD I have ever purchased
on 26 March 2011
Read some mixed reviews on this title, but after purchasing was very pleased I did.. TERRY is set out as a "real" film if it's not, it certainly the closet you'll ever get.. The performaces are powerful and the film takes you on an emotional rollercoster.. If you love film you'll love this..
on 12 March 2011
Wow...the trailer was great, but boy oh boy the film is really top class, found myself drawn into the characters world..it has everything...funny moments..violence but not o.t.t and a fatastic cast, well done all involved
on 18 March 2014
what a complete and uter waste of money like one of the comments said it was filmed through a mobile phone hee hee
please don't waste your hard earned cash get Zebra crossing instead trust me you willl see the difference, i only gave it 1 star coz they don't do zero
on 3 February 2012
Its a gritty film, and the reason people are rating it badly is because they don't know the background of the film.....

Its a remake of real video tapes, its a real story but obviously they cannot release the footage so it has been remade to look like the original thing.

Anyone interested in crime films then you should watch this, its the real stuff.