Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 February 2011
I am glad to see this album from Dougie Trendle (aka Buster Blood vessel) and the boys at Bad Manners given the CD treatment at last. This was they're second outing, including the singles Lorraine and Just A Feeling. The instrumental Echo 4-2 kicks us off with a lively timpany drumbeat with the brass section blaring in all the right places. A jolly good outing with all the usual high jinks you would expect from these guys, who could never take themselves seriously. We have the original 12 tracks here with 2 extra numbers. Lorraine 12" and a new version of Here Comes The Major, although I fail to see any "major" difference from the "old" one on the first album. The Quality of sound is superb on this re-issue though, which I'm really glad about, because my vinyl copy must be about worn through by now! I have had it for 30 years! A good second album from a great band!
on 16 April 2011
Finally, finally, bloody finally!! Bad Manner's Back Catalog on CD. I have loved this album from childhood until now. Special love for "The undersea adventures of Ivor The Engine." A must buy after all the years of wait!!
on 26 March 2014
This album sounds like Buster and the boys' direct reply to Madness. On the back of the superb Ska n B, Bad Manners had spent more time in the British charts than any other artist except Suggs & co in 1980, and this their second helping seemed to borrow a lot from their rivals. Compare "Just A Feeling" with "Cardiac Arrest", or "Lorraine" with "House of Fun", and you realise Bad Manners had seized the moment and gone all-out for the nutty sound. It's a superb record, packed with energy and humour, and contains easily some of the best SKA tracks of the period. With influences borrowed from film and TV, from early rock n' roll, and from more Latin quarters, Loonee Tunes certainly is animated!
on 29 July 2011
30 years ago if it was not 2 Tone or Madness, my budget could not stretch to Bad Manners or The Beat, so my younger brother got these for his birthday/Xmas. Duh!!! This album is brilliant and I long regret not having my own copy (he kept his!), which is now rectified. Listen to it twice and see if its not infectious, both words and tunes. Its such good fun to bounce around and sing along to its untrue. A new generation of ska/rude boys is born as me and my young son jump around in the kitchen giggling about our Bad Manners - pure pleasure.
on 18 April 2012
I was well pleased to see this album had been re-released on CD at last. My mates never understood why I was into Bad Manners. But then they probably never listened to it properly, and they took themselves too seriously by far. This music cheers me up when I need it most. It's given me so many laughs. This album really has given me so much enjoyment over the years. The variety of influences on the Bad Manners music makes for a very varied album with no dud numbers at all. With lyrics which at different times reflect on life and give full rein to imagination and humour, I can't recommend this album highly enough.
on 9 June 2014
had a friend rip this from a very poor vinyl that i had owned from a original. he done a great job of cutting the dead bits out and creating new. i just had to replenish. even though i had purchased a better vinyl a couple of years back. its a true classic, this is a cross between ska, old time dance and fantastic "pop" used very lightly. i do hope the boys get some dosh from this masterpiece.
on 5 February 2016
This for me still sounds as good as it did back in 1980-81 when I was a 15 year old skinhead.
Not a bad track on it. Only took me 35 years to replace the long sold vinyl from 35 years ago.
on 12 December 2011
ONE OF THE BEST FOLLOW UP ALBUMS FROM BAD MANNERS
FULL OF GREAT SONGS WRITTEN BY THE BAND PROVED THEY WERE
CAPABLE OF WRITING CATCHY SKA TUNES.WELL WORTH A LISTEN
on 17 October 2015
What an album brings me back to my teens like me dad used say they don't sing em like that anymore.
on 9 January 2014
Loonee Tunes its there best album in my opinion anything thats got JUST A FEELING on is goner be good and to start the second side lol (showing my age ) LP LORRAINE OUTSTANDING BUY IT