on 7 April 2017
I love mysteries and love reading anything about Greece. This book had me captivated throughout. I wanted to know what happened, but didn't want the book to end, at the same time. Highly recommended.
on 18 June 2017
Slow to start, and for me unusual to have main character as a male. The storyline was good and the twists at the end unexpected.
on 25 June 2017
I read this while in Greece . Excellent description of the friendly people & I lived the story .
on 30 May 2017
A good easy going read.
on 2 June 2017
Very enjoyable read
on 28 March 2014
A very enjoyable ,evocative, thought provoking read...couldn't put it down...twists and turns abound. Really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next.
on 5 April 2014
When I first started reading this book I found it slow, but soon the pace increased and became so good that I could not put it down.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 May 2014
I really enjoyed this story though agree with other reviewers that it is quite amateurish in places. As a retired teacher I felt red pen moments. The grammar and punctuation leave a lot to be desired in places but I am so glad I persevered as it is a splendid story. I felt transported to Greece and loved the beautifully drawn characters. It certainly will make an excellent holiday read. I have downloaded Neil's second book and will look forward to reading it.
on 30 October 2017
I got to chapter five before this story really got going. All the information about the main character's teaching life and and his friends in the writers' circle I found boring and just wanted to get off to Greece. Once their, the story started to open up and the adventure began. So quite enjoyable in the end but a bit too strung out at the beginning.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse