on 25 August 2013
Bought this for my almost 3 year old car mad son.
he loves fiddling and helping his dad with DIY and enjoyed screwing the bits together with the tiny screwdriver.

He is currently driving it "brmmm brmm" (his words) all over the bed

cons (this is probably relevant to to him being 2 years younger than the recommended age 5

takes a while to put together - even with mum helping, and my son was getting quite bored before it was finished.

Also it does tend to "dismantle itself" whilst playing. (Nuts and bolts are not super tight) -he is now currently taking the wheels off - so i wouldn't let him play unsupervised as the parts will definitely be lost. Especially significant if you have other babies or toddlers younger than 3 definite choking hazards.

I would consider this to be more a good "activity" especially on a rainy day like today, rather than a stand alone toy.

In terms of cars, he prefers his factory made ones. This one is just too tempting to take apart!
on 9 January 2013
I bought thsi as a gift for my friends' 4 year old. Have been told that he absolutely loves it.
on 30 December 2012
Another great gift bought from Amazon. My grandson was delighted to open this for his birthday. It arrived quickly, well packaged. I was very impressed, and my grandson loves it!! Thank you.
on 8 February 2013
Was well received and kept them busy for a bit. Did need some help with the fixings but enjoys taking it apart aswell.
on 8 January 2015
My 4 year old loves it. I bought him a couple of Meccano vehicles for Christmas and he enjoys trying to build them. The age on the box states from 5 years and this is appropriate as his 10 year old brother helps him make the vehicle specified on the box. My 4 year old can use the screwdriver provided to make up his own type of vehicle as the parts can be used like lego - mix them up and they still go together xx
on 9 January 2013
It arrived on time as promised and was what I had ordered.
I would like to say I enjoyed using it but my Grand daughter won't let me play with it.
on 8 January 2014
very good item for a little four year old just learnign to constrcut things - although Daddy had to help he will grow into this present this New Year and it is well made and shold last out his destructive streak!
on 17 January 2017
Love this little meccano set. Perfect for 4 or 5 years plus. Easy and fun to assemble. No sharp edges, bright colour, no tiny bits. Comes in small case - handy to take on a trip. Perfect for boys and girls.
on 1 October 2015
this was a gift for grandson. it can be a bit of a fiddle to get all the parts fixed and he needed some help, but the booklet with how to make was very very good showing step by step and each part required.
on 3 November 2014
I had Meccano when I was a child [now 75]. I am delighted to be able to get some still for my grandsons. Great to train small fingers to use tools and to experience the joy of making your own toy.