on 8 March 2011
Bought it for new Kindle as it was cheap ... but would happily have paid full price for this one. Really liked the main characters, and the repartee between them was great. Will definitely buy more from this author!!
on 27 July 2011
I gave this book 5 stars because I liked the way it was written, as it keeps the reader not only interested but also entertained as the 2 main characters had a rapport with each other that I found really funny.The story is such that it never gets stale or uninteresting and reminded me to a degree of the character created by R.D.Wingfield, Inspector Jack Frost, and his dry humour.The author gets right into the story without any side tracking of unnecessary and boring information. I have already down loaded the second book featuring Parish and Richards and am sure will enjoy this one just as much.
on 3 July 2011
A very enjoyable and well-written crime thriller, evidently well researched and with a good twist at the end. If there's a criticism it's that, despite the steady stream of corpes, it's almost too 'nice' in places, as it focusses on the relationship between popular, newly-promoted DI Jed Parish and his trainee partner, the keen, bright and generally adorable Mary Richards. Parish's domestic arrangements fall quickly and almost-too-happily into place - and his boss is a really nice guy too. Perhaps recognising this, the author throws in a seriously nasty (and Parish-hating) cop near the end, who's set to create more grief in the sequel. Very definitely worth a read though, and hard to put down.
on 11 May 2017
This series of books about Parish and Richards is excellent and I am now reading the 3rd book. Well researched, interesting and believable, it relates the crimes without describing gratuitous violence or grisly abuse of women. The situations are interesting and well described and the language is witty. There's love interest too, so there's plenty to like about the series. Sadly, this level of good writing is not often encountered. However, book 21 is now published, so I am looking forward to reading them all.
on 15 July 2017
I have had readers block and wanted to read something different and went on to free books and found this book . I was hooked from the beginning loved the characters there personalities and there wit and now I'm getting 2nd book and hopping it's good as the first book : a must read .
on 10 March 2017
this series started out really good i could not wait for the next book, but is now beyond the joke tedius and boring and quiet pathetic
on 13 November 2014
riveting couldn't put down didn't want to finish it but can't wait to read next book extremely well written story good too
on 26 January 2012
I love your Parish & Richards books, keep them coming I have recommended to everyone I know. They're fantastic...keep up the hard work
on 23 July 2011
This sort of book is right up my street, full of intrigue and action but also full of humor. But beware, I ended up reading into the small hours twice until I had finished it. Then I went into the Kindle store and purchased the second Parish & Richards book. I will have to wait until all my chores are done before starting it though because otherwise I'll have to call on Kim and Aggie because nothing will get done lol.
on 13 December 2011
I was recommended this writer by a friend. Having been a Police Officer for 30yrs I was prepared to overlook the minor in accuracies in any book. This one though has a number of unforgiveable ones and some annoying nuances. A WPC, Mary RICHARDS, with about 5 minutes in the job would never be able to work on a murder. She appears to behave more like a spoilt child most of the time by constantly telling her DI (Who also attained rapid promotion on the whim of a DCI) 'Sirrr, you are so mean' when she can't get her way, The DI is also annoying by constantly referring to her by her surname in every sentence. The story line is good and I have downloaded the second one, I don't think I will continue unless someone tells me she grows up a lot by the 3rd book. There are plenty of other books around as an alternative.