on 15 January 2011
I wanted a cable to use my iPad with the variety of docks I have at home. This works a treat allowing me to play audio and video from different sources on different devices.

I have successfully played audio from my iPad on a bose dock, a cheap dock and on a panasonic home cinema system. On the latter it also let me play movies / video from the iPad too.

Cable also works on the above devices to play audio from an original classic ipod and an iPod touch too. It also allowed me to play video from these on my home cinema system.

A 5 star bargain.
on 14 April 2011
This lead does everything I wanted, unlike some cheaper leads that I've seen reviewed from other suppliers.

My ipod is a 160GB classic. I've tried the lead with a Gear4 dock, a Bose portable dock, a Vita R2i and a Vita R4. These last 3 have remote controls, and the remotes still work for all the basic ipod functions when the lead is in use, just the same as when the iPod is plugged directly into the dock.

But it is SO MUCH EASIER to use the lead so you can have the ipod in the palm of your hand, then you can use ALL the functions of the ipod in comfort, while still listening to music from it.

The lead also charges the ipod, which won't happen if you connect it to a dock using an audio lead from the headphone socket. I haven't tried the video capabilities of the lead yet as I still haven't figured out how to get videos onto the ipod.

Actually, I bought 2 of these leads so I could keep them plugged in permanently to 2 of my docks, as these are a bit inaccessible to keep plugging and unplugging the ipod, and it is so much easier to plug the ipod into the end of the lead instead. I have also discovered that the leads still work when both are connected together, giving a 2 metre extension if required.

I thought that the extra postage for buying the 2nd lead was excessive so I contacted Proxima (via Amazon messaging) and they kindly reduced the postage for the 2nd lead. They arrived very quickly too.

Don't forget you have to squeeze the clips on the plug to get it out of the ipod; this is a good feature as it won't fall out accidentally.
on 18 March 2011
Bought this to link an iPad to a Bose iPod doc. It works. Can't beleive that Apple don't do them (although I have heard that the iPad2 comes with one) well I don't need one now cause I've got one. Is it just me or are Apple really bad at accesorising?
on 12 April 2011
I have both a Fat Man iTube system and a Bose system. Great for the iPhone but docking the iPad is not so easy! This very inexpensive cable is a must. Simply plug into connector on iPhone/iPad and then into Bose or iTube connector. Also saves removing iPhone from protective case when docking. A small outlay but big results.
on 21 May 2012
Works perfectly with my iPod Touch 4.5G and my Altec Lansing dock. Allows power/charge and controls to extend now the iPod is in a case. Good length cable too.

This works with the OtterBox Defender case I have, the cable connects perfectly with no issues. The connector is a little thicker than standard, but not overly bulky - good of the seller to mention this above to advise purchasers.

Great item, may buy another to use when travelling to save losing this one.
on 20 November 2013
Had bought a lead from Ebay and even though it stated it was a charging lead, it did'nt work with my iphone.

This lead however worked a treat with my Audi TT mark 2 which I believe had the iphone adapter fitted by audi.

Very happy with supplier and lead.
on 24 July 2012
I bought this to enable me to connect an iPhone, iPodtouch and iPad to Klipsch docking speakers so I didn't have the hassle of removing covers, etc.
I bought a rival product previously and was disappointed that it wouldn't charge or work with the remote.
The Proxima cable is perfect. It works with the remote and charges all the devices. I have also tried it on a dock connected to my hifi system and again, no problems.
The build quality is excellent and, at this ridiculously low price, have no hesitation recommending it.
on 8 March 2014
Great item and has a feel of quality. It connects well and allows me to connect my iphone to my Bose soundock without having to take the phone out of its case, which constantly irritated me. The sound comes through perfectly well. In all I'm very impressed with ii for the price and would happily have another
This cable performs no differently for me than all the cheaper cables I have tried in the past. I have tried it with an iPod Classic 120, an iPhone 3GS and an iPhone 4 into various makes and models of dock but the cable will only perform charge and data functions - NO audio! When connected to either model of iPhone an "incompatible device" error message is displayed on the phone; when plugged into my Denon the dock displays a "no connect" message when using iPhone or iPod. I've not tried it with an iPad but other reviewers seem to have had some success when using one.

The retailer does offer a full refund if not compatible - but a large part of the original cost is postage and by the time you've paid to send it back you may as well keep it! Buy with caution.

EDIT 01/07/11:

Retailer gave me a full refund on this product - so top marks to Proxima for first class customer service!
on 21 January 2011
I use an app on my iPhone called Zumocast which lets me stream music or video to it over wifi, from another PC.
I also have the Apple Composite AV Cable Set which lets me connect the iPhone to a TV to watch whatever Zumocast is playing.
I've just set up a TV on the wall in front of my treadmill so I can watch films while I power walk :)
The AV Composite cable was too short to put the iphone in one of the drink holders on the treadmill. So I needed an extension.
I found lots of extension cables for sale on the web, but most said Data Only or No Audio.
This lead, as was promised, handles the audio and video fine, with no loss of quality in picture/sound.