on 18 November 2011
I bought this tiny little bluetooth gizmo to connect my mobile to my PC without having to mess about with a USB cable.

Almost to my surprise, this device works perfectly. I simply plugged it in to a USB port and my PC instantly recognised it. Suddenly, my mobile asked me if I wanted to connect to the PC and that was that. My mobile is now permanently connected to my PC without the need for any pesky cables. Fantastic.

It quite surprises me how they can make such a usefull device so cheaply. I was almost put off by the price as it seemed too cheap to be any good and I nearly bought the official equivelent as supplied by my mobile manufacturer. This one however does the job perfectly for less than a 10th of the price. It is great and I am well pleased.
on 10 December 2012
This works great on a Raspberry Pi, running Raspbian (i.e. Debian Linux for ARM). No special drivers are needed - it works out of the box.

The slim form factor makes it perfect for the USB slots on the Raspberry Pi, where the USB slots are stacked above each other, and you can have problems with bulky USB dongles.

Under Linux, the device appears as follows from lsusb:

0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
on 23 June 2012
Works perfectly with Windows 7 64bit without any additional drivers. Also works perfectly with Debian/Ubuntu without any additional drivers.

Unbelievable value and PC Mall sent it same day so I had it the next!

:-)
on 19 May 2013
Arrived within 5 working days, in line with the delivery estimate. Good value.

This works with our Raspberry Pi, and after a bit of messing around with various commands, discovers a Wiimote.
However, the Raspberry Pi has power supply issues, and cannot power a Wifi dongle, bluetooth dongle, mouse and keyboard at the same time. A powered USB hub may be needed: I actually got the setup working one day with an unpowered hub but the next day it wouldn't function, and seemed to make the Pi itself unstable.

Uses the Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset.
on 7 August 2012
Item came packaged in a small package that said for iphone phone and was a stylus. was clearly a USB device. That threw me for a start. My pc recognised it as a USB Bluetooth device but my iphone is still trying to connect to it as a BN1000. I have a few USB devices hanging of my pc so its probably just a matter of configuration. I will update if there is a problem.
on 12 September 2012
Bought for my laptop to download pics from phone and tablet, windows 7 64 bit recognised item and installed ok. There's no additional software so uses windows (which isn't the best) but paired OK with all devices. The dongle is deceiving to look at as part of the metal shroud protrudes from the socket so its actually bigger that picture would have you believe.
on 27 July 2012
at last a dongal that reeds all my bluetooth equipment and I dont have to keep changing from one to the other
on 27 September 2012
I bought this item to transfer photos and data from my phone to my p/c. So far it has worked well. It works with both my Windows XP desktop and Windows 7 Netbook. I just plug it into the netbook and away we go. It seems well made and quite solid. Recommended!
on 20 February 2013
Did not work with Windows 7, Ubuntu 12.04, or Raspbian. The adapter was also bulkier than the one pictured which meant it would not fit next to a USB DVD-T tuner in my Raspberry Pi. Dealing with PC Mall to return the item has been extremely painful.
on 28 November 2012
spent all evening to get it working but no joy! asked a friend to help but he was unsuccessful as well, keeping it for when I am free for a week to get it going!

See one answered question