on 26 March 2011
The HTC Desire HD is a well known power hog. Coupled with the measily capacilty of the default part, battery life is one of the major disadvanatges of what is otherwise a superb smartphone. I'm happy to say that with this battery I'm experiencing a 25-35% increase in usage time before the phone goes in to battery saver mode. I've not experienced any problems with the battery overheating or any charging issues so I think it's safe to say that this after-market part is fully compatable with the phone.

Highly recommended to all of us who get frustrated with the battery life of the Desire HD, and provides excellent value for money.
33 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2016
As others have mentioned, this battery gives a great charge for a few days, then it's worse than the original one (which is quite bad since it's been in use for five years!). Given the low price it might be worth buying a few for use in emergencies? Not sure.
on 3 February 2011
This battery does last longer than the one I got with the phone. It seems to last a good bit longer. I have no complaints about the capacity of the battery or it's very reasonable price. Expansys were asking six times as much for a lower capacity battery.
11 Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 July 2016
does not hold a charge for long enough not as long as the other one anyway
on 6 July 2017
Excellent delivery service as always. Very reliable.
on 10 September 2014
does the job
on 3 February 2014
It's ok, don't know if it's the battery or the phone as these phones tend to be very power hungry.
on 18 March 2011
A pity a could not give 10 stars for this battery. It lasts at least 1/3 more than original. If you experienced a very short life of your htc desire hd battery, this replacement is absolutely recommended.
on 18 April 2012
Disappointed. I am a fairly heavy user of my HTC Desire HD and as such needed a battery that would last me all day as I spend time travelling by train/bus to work and as such it does get some use. I found that this battery was brilliant for the first week or two and I made sure it was totally run down before recharge.

However, after this period I noticed a serious decline in life and have, on occasion, had to use my original battery as a backup to get me through the day. I went off previous reviews to purchase this and have not been satisfied. The phone comes off charge around 6am and I am sticking it on charge by 1pm.

Good for a spare but not a replacement.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2012
As this product was only 4-5 quid including delivery, I had little expectation of greatness but hoped to be pleasantly surprised. Like most owners of the Desire HD I've found the phone itself to be wonderful with a large and bright screen but the battery life leaves a bit to be "desired". The additional 400 mAh offered over the stock HTC battery was appealing and so I took the plunge hoping for an extra hour or two per day at most.

At first, it did just that, my handset definitely lasted longer for about the first two weeks. Unfortunately after that the performance dived astonishingly quickly and I ended up reverting back to the stock HTC battery last week which outperforms this one (and it's a year old!). It's a shame but even for 4 quid I wouldn't bother with this. Simply buy another stock HTC battery for a tenner then at least you'll be guaranteed of some longer term reliability. I've done just that myself.

Disappointing but frankly for the price I'm not that surprised.