Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 2 September 2017
So good to watch the original series again after spending many happy hours going through my Next Generation DVDs. Some of the special effects have been enhanced without changing the charm of the early episodes so that the spaceship flying through space isn't quite so wobbly and you can't see the wires! The episodes themselves are just as I remembered and the picture quality is excellent considering how old the series is. I was especially pleased with some of the bonus features though - interviews with cast and crew, including from the later incarnations of Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager but the one that I really enjoyed and which surprised me the most was the 90 minute feature on the Christie's sale of Star Trek props and costumes (Season 1, Disc 8), narrated by Leonard Nimoy, featuring interviews with the casts and crew of all incarnations and brilliantly intercut with clips from the shows, even showing them watching the auction from the bridge of the Enterprise. Very cleverly done, amusing, entertaining and informative, but oh! how much spare cash some people must have had. ... in my dreams....! I am so pleased I bought this set.
on 13 June 2017
Watched this as a child on tv when first on and brings back so many memories and the remastering is fantastic the ship and planet overlays are seamless and the extra additions are superb. The packaging is superb designed realy well to avoid accidental scratching which happens in the original sleeve version brought out before this one.

I would certainly recommend this item.
on 9 September 2017
I love the original series of Star Trek, and with this collection now in Bluray quality then it's even better, every episode with 5.1 surround sound, well this is one collection i will never get tired of watching, also this collection has several added features, Star Trek has never looked so good. Ever episode ever made, and in Bluray for less than £33, a real bargain for all fans.
on 10 February 2017
I really enjoy the series although it is taking me sometime to work my way through the discs. The scenery is very dated but still the story lines are good.
on 8 August 2017
How can you not love the original star trek series , so good.
You have to love the badly made make up characters but also marvel at the great ideas for the episodes
on 30 August 2017
Bargain, a little bit of a weird episode layout but I'll get used to it
on 25 May 2017
I'm so glad I bought this product. Excellent picture quality and the bonus material is educational regards the making of Star Trek. I did not see it when it was first shown on TV. I saw a few of the repeats but this box set is a collector's dream.
on 18 July 2017
Excellent.
on 24 August 2017
I cannot believe the quality of the picture they have managed to produce. I like the new special effects but it is nice to have the option of the original effects if I'm in nostalgic mood. I am absolutely loving watching this box set, can't fault it.
on 8 August 2017