Customer reviews

on 3 June 2015
Good way to get the 9 minute "Can`t take my eyes off you" by the Boys Town Gang , not to mention Dan Hartman`s "Vertigo/ Relight my fire" . This series is proving to be a real feast for discoholics despite containing a good portion of barely acceptable dross .
on 6 March 2011
Stonking addition to the 'Disco Discharge' series. Full of semi-forgotten gems. I never thought I'd ever see the Raquel Welch or Sleeping Lions tracks released on CD (at least not in their 12" versions) - I've been waiting over 20 years for these tracks to appear on CD and now here they are!!! And to think I paid less for this double CD than I would have paid for two import 12" singles from Record Shack back in the 1980s.....

Now a few suggestions for the next edition in the series:

Happiness - Christopher Street
Just Another Broken Heart - Dorothy Moore
Another Night With The Boys - Linda Clifford

Any chance???
on 5 March 2011
I have all the Disco Discharge comps released so far.

Each time I get one, I am almost disappointed if I know many of the tracks. The discs are so stuffed with quality tracks that I did not know. I suppose these 'known tracks' are the hooks to catch the eye (and you really cannot complain when they are the likes of Vertigo/Relight My Fire).

The theme of the compilations means that some are going to be preferred over others. This Cruising the Beats release is full of cheesy, lightweight, throw-away music. It is my favourite so far!

Except it turns out, 30 years on, that the music wasn't throw-away at all.

You just cannot go wrong with this series. Dip in and try the ones that take your fancy. No doubt, like me, you will end up owning them all...
on 1 March 2011
I am a huge fan of the current DISCO DISCHARGE series, hats off to the fabulous "Mr Pinks" for putting this greast collection of disco/euro dance hits together. I do not think I have ever come across such an interesting and diverse collection of disco gems as this series has offered us!
"Cruising the beats" is a personal favourite and the CD I have been waiting for. During my years as a HI-NRG DJ, I played countless disco gems and many are included on here, some for the first time on CD! So great to finally get the full extended mix of RAQUEL WELCH singing her Eurobeat hit "This Girls bacxk in town"..
Sensational collection!!
on 7 April 2011
This series - like any other, I guess - spreads its treasures across several releases, but there are always enough in each edition to warrant purchase. Cruising The Beats is particularly good because so much of it is obscure (to me) and so much is very, very good. I already have several new favourites I missed the first time around.
If you love different genres of dance you'll be pleased with this collection - and the series as a whole. It's budget priced, but the mastering, sleevenotes and packaging are consistently excellent, and as cd culture dies the Disco Discharge series will be a valuable resource.
Buy! It's fabulous!
on 19 April 2011
I have all 12 Disco Discharge CDs -and like most of these releases (IMHO) they hold some great tracks amidst some strange additions which reduce the cohesiveness of the collection.
This CD contains some great memories with Hi-NRG tracks from the mid 80's such as Waterfront Home "Take A Chance On Me" & Ellie Warren "Satellites". Yet it also has some very fromage frais dross on tracks like Fantastique "Mama Told Me" & Boys Town Gang "Can't Take My Eyes Of You", which don't seem to fit with the Hi-NRG tracks. I certainly never heard these at the clubs I went to! (Powerhouse & Gale in B'ham/No1 & Archway in Manchester).
on 28 April 2011
Another brilliant album to my ever expanding collection , and OMG!! sleeping lions, Stunning,Ellie Warren, Jackie Rawe, Moz in Blackpool, ... it brings back so many memories of nights out in Manchester, , so far so good so many memories, remember a track called "Never" by a group called Body-shop, that is rare can Discharge find this , it was a stormer, More Norma Lewis, maybe Patti Austin, what about Don't talk to Strangers, and can Discharge ever get the full Duncan Sisters album on re-release, i could send them lots of tracks to hunt for , who makes the discoveries, and the decisions, Anyone remember Archway in Manchester Sunday afternoons, they always used to play 3 tracks segued every time, Lorraine McCaine, let the night take the blame, Maria Vidal Body rock, and another which for the life of me i can never remember, This is what great music that discharge do , does to you , love them all , and the great extended versions are what i remember.. greatest track NEVER released...... Abba Disconet remix of ...Lay all your love on me!!! PERFECTION.......Keep up the great work guys .
on 6 March 2011
I am totally impressed with the quality of this x2 CD set, which to my surprise includes a glossy cover slipcase, x8 page glossy booklet, with information on each track / artist, and top quality digitally remastered sound! This compilation is beautifully compiled and made with passion! Well worth supporting the "Disco Discharge" series and may many more fabulous volumes follow.
on 3 May 2014
the whole disco discharge is fantastastic and the sound great what you could not get on cd before they give you keep it up pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
on 24 August 2011
Another super album in The Disco Discharge collection.

Would love to see "Red light spells Danger" by Simone !!