Customer reviews

ACME Dog Whistle No. 210,5 (black)

on 25 July 2017
This whistle was purchased to try out on a cavalier King Charles with hearing problems. I'd noticed that although she didn't respond to our voices any longer, she would still respond to a wolf whistle. As my wife cannot whistle loudly, I thought this would be worth a try.
Unfortunately, it isn't particularly loud at all and gets no response from our hard of hearing spaniel although she can still hear a human whistle so I guess it's either of insufficient volume or not at the correct pitch for her.
It will still come in handy for the other two dogs, so not a complete waste of money, but my old police style whistle is louder and more effective. Cheaper too
on 14 February 2016
bought for our Labrador puppy and works a treat
what I like about it is that when I blow it I can hear its tone and therefore know that probably the dog can hear it too.
am now ordering another one so my husband and I have one each
on 19 October 2015
Quality item - I'll get back to you if I find it works! Puppy certainly looks up at the sound and you can alter the pitch with your thumb on the underside of the whistle. Will try and develop a unique whistle for Bertie. No pea to get lost thank goodness!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 October 2013
Single tone dog whistle that produces a sound faintly audible to human ears, but that our pointer took to straight away. He always stops and looks (mind you, so does every other dog in earshot!) and combined with treats this has improved his recall no end. Very pleased with it, and will continue to work with him to develop other commands.
on 14 May 2017
I haven't had much chance to use this yet as I only received it yesterday but it does get our dogs attention so fingers crossed
on 16 June 2016
Just what I needed. I give two short blasts to call my dogs - having decided there was no point having a "tuned" whistle unless I was going to be consistent in my blowing!!
on 21 July 2016
Good whistle does what it is supposed to do , dogs come back lol.
on 11 December 2015
Gave up after a week or two. Dog doesn't really respond even after extensive training he reacts better to my more audible human whistle. He's an English springer and maybe this isn't the right pitch for him
on 5 August 2016
Works really well for my cocker. He responds very well to this pitch of whistle
on 30 April 2017
Very effective whistle. Very high pitched sound, only just heard by me but my dog reacted immediately to it. I think it is going to be very useful. Much better than a normal pitch whistle I've used before.