Colour: Black Leather Strap/Yellow Dial|Change

on 15 January 2015
Nice looking watch, small enough for men with smaller hands ;)

Unfortunately the watch strap lasted just over a year of day to day wear, nothing tough and no more exposure to water than the odd occasion I do the washing up and when it rains.

I can't find a replacement strap (it has a very nice looking and very unique strap) anywhere for less than 2/3 of the price I paid for the watch. This is a massive disappointment as I really like the watch!

The date and time are easy to set and the watch features a useful 30 minute stop watch. Only downside with the design is a fixed bezel, not much of a problem for me but a little bit of a shame.
Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y

I ummed and arred about this watch for ages in the photographs it looks great. I love watches and the colour attracted me.

The price looked pricy I know it says retail price £200 but would you pay that?

No me neither.

What clinched it for me was visiting York one day I saw the identical watch on display reduced to £100 so I tried it on.
(which was a bit naughty really but hey you are looking on Amazon too for a bargain.)

It looked and felt fabulous it really is an impressive watch let me reassure you that if, like me, you are thinking it cannot actually be as good as it looks from the photographs it really does.
The colour really pleases. The strap is a really robust black leather- great quality with yellow stitching. The strap is an integral part to the design of the watch the straps meet the black of the bezel and `frame' the watch well
Many reviewers say this is too stiff but what they do not realize is that this strap is built to last it will not fall apart or come unstitched after a couple of wears. Leather bends and moulds it self to the wrist ,
The strap is comfortable and if you wear it in winter doesn't freeze your wrist off in cold weather.
It also really matches the watch it looks very handsome.
The face is in yellow with three dials two edged in silver the third- more detailed in black.
The controversial bezel is raised and is a quality finish with very easy to read clear rasised numbers in silver and white against the Matt black.

To basics.
It keeps great time.
It says water resistant which is fine for normal wear but I would not wear it to swim in. The salt water would affect the strap and make it dull.
Use another rubber strapped watch for that.
A tip is use a decent make of battery when you need to replace it.
Cheap batteries leak and ruin watches- something I have done with a Tintin watch I own.
Also if you get the battery changed you may need to get the seals redone if you use it for swimming- if you don't then fine.

The watch does look great but after wearing it and testing it for a couple of months I've notice that if you wear glasses like I do for reading you may not be able to read the tiny date. (My other watches had Cyclops eyes to magnify them for you.)
The bezel does not rotate which is a surprise for a watch of this pedigree but I never use mine on my other watches anyway so one less thing to go wrong.
Also I think it is a young man's watch.
Well certainly for someone a whole lot young than me.
But hey I like the watch it keeps good time, feels great and looks good.

If you are not averse to white you can also get the watch in other colours here are a few links for you.

Accurist Gents Chronograph Watch Black Leather Strap White Dial MS832W
Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Chronograph Display and Black Leather Strap MS832N
on 14 January 2014
Stunning looking watch that looks even better on than in the picture. Many an admiring comment from work colleagues. Ideal for every day use and also smart enough to wear out.
on 27 September 2014
Nice watch but strap didn't last and a replacement is only available from Accurist at a premium price of more than 50% of what I paid for the watch
on 24 January 2013
I have now owned this watch for about 18 months. I was looking for a reliable watch which looked distinctive for everyday use and I am very pleased to say that I have been delighted with this product. It have kept time very accurately throughout, maintained it's new look despite constant wear and looks good. Importantly, the leather strap is of a high quality and shows no sign of wear.
on 8 January 2012
I got this watch for Christmas just over a year ago. Yes, it looks gorgeous, keeps good time and does everything a watch should. However, after about 6 months of daily wear the leather strap began to perish and has now worn right through making the watch unwearable. This is despite taking it off at night and not wearing it in the bath or shower. Accurist quoted £40 for a replacement strap, more than half of what I paid for the entire watch! Obvioulsy, cheaper replacement straps are available, but would spoil the look of the watch as the yellow stitching is an integral part of the design. Avoid.
66 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2016
I'm giving this three stars - through gritted teeth. One star states 'I hate it'. Nope. Two is 'I don't like it'; still nope. Three it is.

Why the trouble? Let me see if I can explain: I needed a new watch for work and, as I am not 'office based' I find that chronographs tend to be more robust and, consequently. last longer. So far, so good.
I'd been looking around for said new watch for about a month when I came upon this one as part of an Amazon 'warehouse deal'. Now, to be honest, I've never had an Accurist watch before and, therefore, knew nothing about them but it looked good on screen, seemed to tick all the boxes and, best of all, it was incredibly cheap!

A couple of days later, when it arrived, however: Oh, dear me - where do I start?
First off, the strap is so short that it was obviously designed to be worn by a stick insect. I refuse to believe that it is supposed to fit around a person's wrist!
Secondly; it's, ostensibly, a £200 ish chronograph watch. The bezel doesn't move. Really. On a two hundred quid watch. Seriously?
Third: It's description is perfectly correct - vis, a yellow faced watch. You don't appreciate it until you wear it, how much of a pain [and how stupid] it is to put silver hands on a watch with a metallic yellow face. In bright sun-light the hands become invisible. Sort of renders the thing pointless, don't it!
Fourth:.......... I could go on - but it seems churlish.

So I sent it back? Er, no. Couple of reasons. It's actually quite handsome. I needed a new watch. It was, as I've already said, incredibly cheap. It was the latter that swung it. £200 and it would have been back so fast it would have made your eyes water. What I paid...... I'll live with it.
Time has subsequently proved that it at least has a certain robustness to it.

Will I get another? No way Jose!
on 23 December 2011
I brought this watch for my wife's birthday, she prefers large mens watches, she fell in love with it after seeing it in H Samuels, yellow is her favourite colour, so I searched the web, and Amazon as usual was the cheapest, she is very pleased with it, and the leather strap fits her rather small wrist, excellent value really stylish watch, go buy one, you will not be disappointed.
on 14 January 2014
fabulous watch and a great price lovely leather strap really soft the watch is big but not to big and chunky
on 9 June 2012
Very attractive watch with unusual yellow face. It's attracted many comments and at this price you can't go wrong. I have several watches, some very expensive and I rotate them so I only wear this once or twice a week therefore can't comment on the longevity of the strap as mentioned in other reviews. I love it, it feels and looks like a quality watch and i think its very good value for money.