on 15 July 2016
Got this for my partner after a couple of local incidents that made me wary of her walking to work alone. It's not as loud as I thought, but it is loud enough to get someone's attention. She's said that she likes the look of it as it doesn't look like an alarm, just like a keyring which I guess is the point.
on 21 December 2014
Great alarm. Much better than other alarms as you tend to think of them as car alarms, this one sounds like someone screaming!
on 1 November 2014
Bought for my girlfriend. Very beautiful with very loud sound.
on 15 June 2014
Okay but would prefer to see more metal than plastic.
I have heard using an alarm when there is no one around to help you can upset a potential attacker more. This should be explained.
on 12 December 2013
I first tested this item in my car and whoa, that scream is LOUD! It's a great item to carry around and help make you feel safe during the day and especially night time when you're walking alone. I'd definitely recommend, and even gave my mother one.
on 11 December 2012
ila Dusk Personal Alarm Pink Polka Dot

I tested the alarm in front of a Police officer so as not to alarm anyone.

He laughed and said "I think you've wasted your money there love, sorry"

Why? - because it emitted the quietest, cheesiest, hammer horror movie scream I've ever heard

The only way it would deter an attacker is that they might die laughing!

Thank god I didn't rely on this to help me in a dangerous situation!!!

What a dissapointment, it belongs in a joke shop
on 29 February 2012
I bought this item for my partner as she has to walk by herself quite regularly , and i worry about her , so i decided to purchase this. The unit is quite loud and it does grab your attention , but the quoted Db rating is boloney me thinks , because i work with 110/120Db fire alarms and this is nowhere near as loud as those , but it is loud enough and probably would draw your attention to it.All in all not a bad unit.
on 10 August 2011
My husband bought this for me to keep me safe. I liked the design but more than that the functionality of it was outstanding. I knew a sound would come out when I pulled the cord but I jumped when I activated it. So I couldn't help but think that if I was attacked (god forbid) the attacker would be 10 times more shocked, and hopefully run in the other direction. It's so loud that it would certainly alert people around you, and it really does sound like a woman screaming.

I love this little thing, and wear it on the outside of my handbag now. It looks good but more importantly gives me a feeling of safety when I'm out and about on my own.