on 26 February 2013
I've been looking around for cool white bulbs to use for indoor photography. This is one of the rares I found to give a color temperature of 5400K, closer to daylight (all other cheaper bulbs were rather around 6000-6500K so bluer).
Considering the high intensity (26W for a 150W equivalent) and the fact that the kit (feet, shade) were purpose-fit, I chose this one and I don't regret it as it is very good value!
The items were very well protected in the package (massive box containing a smaller one, and again well wrapped into that one)
It took me about 5min to attach all the pieces, which look sturdy. The lamp is stable, about 40cm height, the light intensity is very strong so would probably need to be diffused/reflected (tent, umbrella), the color temperature looks good with my SLR white balance set to daylight (5200K). I haven't tried it for a long time so I don't know if it would get very hot.
Overall very happy with my purchase, I can't wait to use it!
on 10 March 2014
Nice quality and price, If I would make one comment it would be that I need to use black wrap to shield the light as the bulb pops out and gives so much ambient light. But that can be fixed. Very light weight.
on 27 July 2012
Bulb:
While meant for photo studios, this is excellent for just general lighting too! The light is nearly flicker free and much better than much of the competition such as osrams and philips. So head-ache free! Also this type of flicker may be evident in video recordings so in this case it should be great!

Also, the colour reproduction is very good and accurate. I also have a viva-lite and the viva-lite is a touch to the green compared to this.

Colours good, brightness acceptable/good, flicker-free, lifespan ?.

Stand:
Steady, works its purpose and the lamp shade is perfectly aligned with this bulb or other similarly shaped CFLs. Cabling appears top notch. Screws are metal so they should last.

On the whole, 5 stars.
on 14 November 2015
Arrived promptly, easy to set up. The power line is actually much longer than anticipated which is a good thing.

The bulb gives off a clear bright white light which doesn't hurt your eyes if your using the light for art work as I am.

All in all a recommended product for anyone who is in the market for a small daylight lamp.
on 21 January 2013
for the price it does the job I need, that is lighting a direct point for video making and photos
on 1 February 2014
The stand is a simple little unit that is telescopic and extends by the length of the centre section.

The 26W bulb is quite low power. This means it's cool which means it's easy to work with in close proximity. It also means long exposures if doing stills with small apertures and low iso.

No complaints for the money.
on 17 May 2016
All the other reviewers have said it all and I agree.
I don't know all these tec specs so I wont try to comment. All I wanted was to add some additional indoor lighting suitable for photo work.
I ordered 2 of these on Friday and they were delivered on Monday with no postage added.
Good packaging, good quality, good delivery and they work. Still have to try them with the cameras.
Don't want to be too picky but I would have liked to have a manufactures info/spec included with the package, the only info included was some safety information.
on 4 December 2013
When you consider what else is available on Amazon, I'm talking specifically about the full lighting kit you can pick up for £170, this really isn't good value for a glorified bedside lamp. Having said that, it does illuminate objects and does so with minimal fuss. The stand is stable and also works well. Just don't be expect too much from this lamp, that's all I'm trying to say.
on 26 August 2013
An anglepoise with a conventional 100w bulb is substantially brighter. Not only that, the unit has nothing of special design about it - it's just a lamp - I doubt it was even designed for studio work.
on 28 September 2013
Great light, but because of the low light in my rooms, I may need a second one. Does improve photos a lot.