Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 4 March 2013
You might not like the film, but the soundtrack is certainly amazing and easily stands on its own. I have listened to it many, many times and enjoy it more and more. If you don't by the film, get the soundtrack - and if you do buy the film, get the soundtrack anyway.
on 5 May 2012
I saw the film and loved the music, I was surfing amazon one night as you do and went through the music section and found the sound track. Then found I could have immediatly on a download. couldn't be easier. Daft punk have excelled themselves with this masterpiece fusing orcestral and electronic together to make an emotional mind numbing ride of ectasy. Whoever thought of employing them to make a film sound track deserves an oscar.
on 13 October 2011
This soundtrack is wonderful to listen to. Both of my children who are 11 and 13 have really enjoyed watching the film and listening to the music from it. We especially like track 3, but my only quibble is that this particular track is too short. If you are a child of the 80s you will love this music.
on 12 December 2013
I really like this soundtrack. Sometimes I don't want to like it, because most of the tracks have very little melody and are quite repetitive if you listen hard, but I guess that's electronic music for you. And soundtracks too. But it's very dramatic and really captures the whole feel of the movie.
on 11 December 2010
Right let's get things clear from the outset - This is NOT a regular Daft Punk album ! I'm surprised so many people were expecting a regular new LP from the guys and thought just coz it said "Tron OST" on the front it would make no difference at all ! ! This was never meant to be a new album but an original soundtrack to a movie! If your looking for an albums worth of "Been around the world's" then please move on! - if you like Daft punk and are interested to hear electronic music mixed with more traditional orchestral elements then this will probably be for you.

I'm surprised it's taken Daft punk all this time to score a soundtrack to a film as their music has all the elements and craft so sadly lacking in many film scores these days. The music hear is reminiscent of many past electronic scores like Vangelis - Blade Runner score and a lot of John carpenter scores for the likes of Escape from New York and Halloween from the 80's. Fuse this with a touch of Hans Zimmer and John Williams and you have a marvellous soundtrack ready made for the 21st century!

Daft punk have clearly been influenced by Hans Zimmer's score's for both The Dark Knight and Inception ( the latter being a great s/track in itself) and the results pay off incredibly well. Tracks like "Armory" and "Rinzler" mix orchestral elements fused with burbling synths and pounding drums exceptionally well.

More traditional Daft punk fare would come in the shape of "Derezzed" ( The most regular Daft Punk song on here) and the likes of "End of Line" "The Grid" and "Tron Legacy" End titles all completely electronic compositions.

Make no mistake this is a remarkable soundtrack and one of the best i've heard in a long time. Even if the film itself turns out to be rubbish this album will stand the test of time.

EXCEPTIONAL 5/5
on 30 December 2011
i bought this as daft punk made it.not because of the film as i haven't seen it yet.
it shows how versatile the outfit is as most of the music is mood / situational sounds .i was hoping for that euro dance sound. there are a couple of tracks with that in mind.most are movie-esque.
saying this is not meant as negative. i have enjoyed listening to this piece.
the boys are talented.
i am still looking for more punchy daft sounds so have ordered the "reconfigured" version of this work.
over all i am pleased with the purchase.
if you like Peter Gabriel's soundtrack to "the last temptation of christ" you will love this. moody quality.
on 3 June 2013
As soon as I heard the first track I loved it. The music is so well put together and it so fits the film it was made for. Daft Punk have really nailed the futuristic music for this film. Its a future classic film and album.
on 6 December 2010
Soundtracks by nature are a weird beast. By definition they are an accompaniment to the film and as such I find that most soundtracks simply do not work on their own. Tron: Legacy is an exception to this rule and that is only because of Daft Punk's brilliance at writing, scoring and orchestrating. They will surely end up writing the soundtrack to other films on the back of this effort! For the most part the album is an immersive experience that draws you into the world of Tron and before you know it an hour has flown by. Ironically I found that the song that least fit into the album is the most 'Daft Punk' esque, the aptly titled 'Derezzed'. I believe the main problem that this album is going to have is people who buy it expecting more songs along the line of 'one more time' or 'technologic'. No such songs here I'm afraid so if that is what you want, stay clear! But if you want some well written, surprisingly chilled, original electronic music then its a must. And if, like me, you just love anything Daft Punk touch with their robotic hands then you already own it!
The problem with soundtrack albums is that, out of context, many of them sound like background music - which is of course what they're meant to be. The best ones somehow transcend that - for me it's those that go heavy on the atmospherics that work the best: check Betty Blue Ost,Passion : Music for The Last Temptation Of Christ and Shutter Island (Music From The Motion Picture) - to name three examples.

Daft Punk's soundtrack for Tron Legacy doesn't quite pull that trick off. It's adequate, surprising even (in a "DP do orchestra" way) and features the underrated mixing skills of Alan Meyerson (Factory Records' mixer of choice circa 1989-90). There are some nice references to Vangelis (some might say derivative, I would say homage) but overall these tracks can't quite get me out of the zone of sitting in a big dark hot dog-smelling multiplex room, supping tango and getting bits of Malteser out of my teeth, feeling the thud of a kid kicking the back of my chair whilst waiting for the Gillette adverts to end and the main feature to start.

I read somewhere that Daft Punk turned down the offer of Hans Zimmer's assistance in making this record. Commendable and brave maybe, but I think the input of an experienced soundtrack composer is, paradoxically, what this album needed to lift it above the "soundtracky" feel.

The music may work very well with the film (I don't know as I haven't seen it) but the acid test for me is - had the soundtrack been uncredited or by an unknown artist, rather than one of my favourite electronic groups, would I have rushed out of the cinema to buy it as a stand-alone product? And the answer is no.

NOTE ON THE SPECIAL EDITION: The 2CD edition comes in a digipack with an unusual fold out disc tray, as opposed to the jewel case of the standard edition. Otherwise the packaging is comparatively unremarkable. The booklet is virtually identical to the single disc version, save for some minor printing modifications - however the deluxe edition does dispense with some annoying inlay flyers advertising a printer and an Xbox game. Musically, it adds a mere 12 minutes/5 tracks of music which is basically just more of the same as disc one. Unimpressive then, in that by my calculations these tracks could easily have fitted onto one CD (disc one runtime is 58 mins). No lost classics on here, although "Castor", one of the more up-tempo tracks over the whole album, is worth hearing. There's some enhanced content as well, but that type of stuff doesn't interest me (you have to create a login, for ****'s sake!). The 2CD is for completeists only.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2011
This was a OST that I wasn't sure about. I'd never heard of Daft Punk until this album came out. So I was a bit sceptical when it was described as "techno disco". Trust me, it's better than that.

For a start, it's not one of those techno albums that have a drum machine going at max and have those weird sound effects other than the fact that it sounds cool. They have a full orchestra going and many of the tracks are done that way.

The theme of the movie pops up a few times (The Grid, Flynn Lives, Tron legacy (End Titles)), but that doesn't make it repetative. Each of these are presented in different ways. This is a brilliant album.

I have heard OSTs that have great music that work in the movie but fail as just music alone. This isn't one of them by far.
This id Daft Punk's first foray into the world of soundtracks. I'd love to hear more of what they come up with.