on 16 March 2017
Fascinating ideas developed by inner engineers and seers thousands of years ago in the forests of India. Echos of these ideas can be found today in modern science , philosophy and healthcare. The Upanishads have famously influenced the work of several western intellectuals including oppenheimer, Tesla, Schopenhauer, Thoreau, Kant to name but a few. I feel unqualified to 'review' the contents of this book, a collection of profound insights. As a translation it is highly recommended to anyone interested in exploring the core concepts of Hindu philosophy in accessible English.
on 27 December 2016
I wish this book was part of the curriculum in modern education. It's simplicity in brilliance and power in knowledge is astounding. A must read for anyone in search for 'the meaning of life'. In a world where religion and politics are losing their way, we need to find our faith in spirituality, our unity in diversity, our respect of everything and everyone around us, and most importantly our selves in a broader more tolerant context of reality.
on 11 September 2015
Exquisite. If you are at all spiritually curious, you should have a copy of this book. 3000 year old wisdom that sings as brightly today as back then. Beautiful words, insights, understandings. It makes such a change to read a religious text like this. Their religious conclusions seem so much more rich, intelligent and subtle than those we've been spoon-fed in the West.
on 5 April 2017
Beautiful book, one to reread from time to time. I read a bit with my morning coffee and it starts the day well.
on 3 February 2015
Beautifully presented a written book which I'm currently half way through. I highly recommend it to anyone Hindu or non hindu, religous or not there's a lot of meaningful truths that are still relevant today. So far I've loved this book. It came very quickly as well.
on 27 January 2013
Although I'm relatively new to the world of Eastern spiritual texts, Easwaran's translation (as well as the other two in this series "Classic's Of Indian Spirituality") is lucid and clear, with helpful introductions throughout that explain the significance of each Upanishad, and it's context within the culture and history of ancient India.

The work itself is effortlessly transcendent, and Easwaran leaves untranslated the concepts that are indescribable in a western tongue, allowing a more personal reading, and for the ideas to become clearer as one progress's through the text.
on 28 June 2013
Easwaran introduces the concepts advised in Vedanta for a spiritual life beautifully. I really feel close to the men and women who wrote the Upanishads when I read his words. On every page there is a thought worth pausing for. For me it was like reading a gentler James Joyce.
on 12 July 2013
This book is an easy to understand translation of The Upanishads and highly recommended if you are doing yoga courses or just want to delve that bit further into Yoga
on 27 April 2017
very good
on 13 October 2013
This an attractive version of the classic Upanishads and an informative one. The notes and the intoduction are very useful in appreciating these gems of Hindu wisdom.