on 4 June 2016
Exacting what I was looking for to explain the complicated rules for a starter
on 19 December 2014
Very useful for me and my family - total beginners to D+D.
on 22 January 2016
a good introduction to D and D for beginners.
on 9 May 2015
good book, easily understood.
on 15 March 2011
This has to be the worst thing I have bought for a long time- having played AD&D as a teen I recently thought it would be cool to see how things stood with D&D now (seeing as AD&D has never been updated- shame really as it was so cool but yeah..) and as well as buying the box set of the players guide, monster book and the DM's book I picked this to help me through it. Why I have no idea, If you read the players guide and have a brief look at the DM's guide then there is no need to get this at all. Having said all that I wont give this a one star review, instead go for two stars as it would still be good to have if you wanted to start out in D&D. Say if you played round a friends house and after wards you just wanted to have a book for yourself so help you get a simple understanding so the next time would go more smoothly. But then again you could just borrow the players guide for that. Really I am just cheesed off that I got this when I didnt need to :(
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse