Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 28 September 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable follow up to the original series. There are many new characters and plot twists introduced. Ultimately, the series works if you can suspend your disbelief, but over time, you really come to care about the characters and what happens to them. The plot is fastpaced and the introduction of other mythic creatures in this season makes it more complex but also fresh. Obviously, the burning desire that runs through the three main characters is what keeps it dynamic and fresh. A great series, with great writers and acting. Have just started watching the third season!
on 12 November 2014
Brought this for Georgie my youngest daughter she is 13 going on 35 and she loves it. Not my cup of tea and considering it's not bluray the price can be expensive so shop around, I found Amazon the cheapest at the time.
on 18 July 2016
This series is absolutely full of twists and turns. At the end of each episode the characters are usually in a completely different situation from the start. It seems to be common in drama series nowadays to have a lot of filler, so that the plot moves quite slowly. This is not the case for TVD series 2, it moves really really fast and a lot happens! As a comparison I can tell you that I was watching 24 season 2 at the same time as this season; I found the Vampire Diaries gripped me more, even though its genre would probably not be described as a thriller (i'd call it supernatural romance).

On the topic of romance, that side of it is also very good fun. The characters are all ridiculously good looking brooding male (and female) model types, and there is some great chemistry between the various pairings. The character of Damon is particularly compelling as the tortured bad guy who cares deep down.

I very much enjoyed the first series of TVD, but I liked this one even better!
on 3 March 2013
I think season one was better than this one because it was new and fresh, this season is good but to much mythology in it, but it still stands to be much better that twilight even though this is a tv series mainly because
A) Nina, Ian and Paul are very good at acting unlike the twilight cast
B) Keeps you roped in and there is never a bad episode or bit of acting
C) special effects are so much better

My conclusion buy this and not the waste of time twilight series :)
Sorry about my reference to twilight but is was the firts thing that came to my head
on 15 August 2011
In all honesty, I have read all of the books to date and I much prefer the TV Series. The casting is spot on, the characters are to a tee. The storylines of the series are loosely based on those in the books, however, the writers (Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec) have their own ideas of where they want the series and characters to go. It is this that makes the series so fantastic, watchable, enjoyable and unique.

I'm a huge fan and have followed it from the beginning...you have humans, vampires, werewolves, witches and so much more! And I believe that there's a heck of a lot more to come and I'm so excited....so what are you waiting for...give it a try...it won't bite!
on 28 April 2016
A great second season of this awesome vampire diaries! Gets better with every season. With bonus features and deleted scenes, this is a great season
on 18 May 2011
The Vampire Diaries is the best show around by far! I absolutely love it as it is totally gripping and addictive. The story line is completely solid and never goes off subject like other shows (not mentioning any names). They are always to the point, and after every episode i cannot wait to watch the next one. I totally recomend this show to people who love vampire, werewolf and witch based stuff. I personally think that this show is excellent and wayyyyyyy better than twilight is or ever can be. Even if you don't like vampire/werewolf or witch based stuff, i still recommend it as the plotline is gripping enough and i guarentee that you will be hooked. I give this show 200/10. The actors in the show are totally brilliant and all deliver and portray their roles brilliantly. I cannot wait for season 3. I haven't read the books yet, but will do so a.s.a.p as i have bought them but hadn't had the time to start reading. I hope the show will go on for a long long time and cannot wait for season 2 to arrive on my doorstep, once it is finally released.
on 26 June 2011
I LOVE Vampire Diaries...I am totally hooked on it! I was devastated when the season ended, it has so many twists and turns each episode that it has you on the edge on your seat. The various relationships that are evolving between Damon/Elena and Bonnie/Jeremy and Caroline/Tyler are really addictive... I really enjoyed Twilight and the subsequent films but this is in a league of its own...so I think if you have not seen in it is a must see! I cant wait for my box set to arrive, so I can watch it all again. The music is fantastic too and the soundtrack is brilliant. Go on buy series one and series two!!
on 10 May 2011
Hate the Twilight craze with a passion, but love this show. The books aren't that good, but the tv version is so so engrossing. Usually, love triangles are really dull, but this one manages to keep it exciting (without being cheap).

The broadening-out of the universe this season is particularly awesome. Yay for bringing US shows onto UK TV!

Also...this show is funny. Not wet-your-pants funny, but witty.
on 31 January 2012
Review For Blu-Ray Version;

I Have Just Recently Started Watching The Vampire Diaries, I Didn't Really Think It Was My Thing At First But I Have Now Watched Season 1 And 2 Back To Back And I Love It!! A Must Have For ALL!
The Quality Is Outstanding And The Packaging Is Great Too, Its The Size Of One Blu-Ray So Saves On Space Which Is A Plus.
I Guarantee You Won't Be Disappointed, You Will Be Thirsty For More...