Format: DVD|Change

Right Here, Right Now, is Russell Howard's third live stand up comedy DVD and as usual is full of his
zany, energetic and unique style. I have been a fan for quite some time now, and while I like this DVD
and find it worth buying and worth watching, it does seem to lack some of the momentum of his other
material.
Recorded live at the Apollo in Hammersmith in 2011 it seems to be a show of two halves, the first half
are jokes about the state of the world as seen through Russell's eyes, and the second half seems more
like the old Russell, full of sexual innuendo and raucous fun. This is not me being critical so much as
how I observed the show.
Anyway, I liked it, and if you have not got it in your collection it is well worth the money.

Released in 2011
Running Time 90 minutes
With 30 minutes of Extras.
Subtitled in English
review image review image
on 18 November 2011
Firstly I am a Russell Howard fan, I thought both `Live' and `Dingledodies' were right up there with best DVD's of their respective years (I'm a Stand-Up geek and tend to watch I'd say at least 80% of each year's offerings.), but this one didn't live up to them. It was 90mins of light entertainment, but none of the laugh out loud moments Howard can normally produce, it really feels like this is a collection of jokes and stories that weren't good enough to make it into the tours of the first 2 DVD's; or with the inclusion of some funny photos on the big screen, and very little audience interaction, a extended episode of `Good News'.

I wouldn't tell fans of Russell Howard to avoid it, but if you know his previous stand-up and not of him just as that guy off mock the week, then don't be expecting the usual A-list material he can produce.
on 9 August 2013
Russell Howard it a really good stand up comedian and this DVD don't disappoint .
This young comedian will have you rolling around giggling for a long time.
The re-watch value of this DVD is good as it is just as funny as the first time you see it.
the swearing in this is not over the top as with some comedian's.
on 9 March 2013
I bought this item as a birthday present for my friend, they absolutely loved it. It's a must have for Russell Howard fans. You get quite a good watch time for your money and it's a very hilarious DVD. I recommend it.
on 4 February 2013
Well. it isnt me who is smitten by the charm and wit of Mr Howard, although I do think he is funny. My daughters think that he and Miranda Hart are deities that walk this earth, and who am I to challenge this notion?
on 20 July 2011
Saw Russell at the O2 in London earlier this year and have to compliment him on being incredibly funny and cool and wonderful. It can't be easy for a comedian to stand in front of 15,000 people and have to be able to capture the audience and make them laugh genuinely for over an hour.

Russell did exactly this and in style.

His quick wit and hilarious performance kept me smiling and laughing throughout, a live performance can't be edited or re-filmed and this only added to the excellent show, Russell is naturally funny and appeals to everyday people.

I am excited to see how the dvd reflects the live show, but I am confident that with Russell Howard, it will be nothing short of brilliant.
on 8 December 2011
Just finished watching this one and I have to say I'm quite disappointed.

I'm a Russell Howard fan, I want Good News every week and I've seen his previous DVDs. This one was essentially more of the same, exactly what you've come to expect from Russell whenever you see him, and it just fell short somehow.

I found myself not paying attention to it a lot, until I was violently drawn back in by the sometimes excruciating shouting that seems to add nothing to the routine.

It was a decent watch and enjoyable enough and if you love him you'll really enjoy it, but it's certainly not up there with the best of the year, not by a long, long way.
on 25 October 2011
Seen this in belfast well thats what the tour was called dont think they filmed it but it was amazing from start to finish i remember almost falling off my seat at one point, even my cousin who wasnt that into Russell Howard enjoyed it
on 16 April 2013
Right Here, Right Now typifies Russell Howard's style - very observational, lots of gags about his family, occasional breaks that only add to the experience of watching a live show (on DVD!) and most of all, very funny. No, he's not ground-breaking but he's a great stand-up and I was laughing throughout this, arguably his best live DVD.
on 31 July 2011
Went to see Russell Howard live at the night they filmed the footage for this DVD at the Apollo, was fantastic with great new material and he rebuffed the hecklers brilliantly, great atmosphere should make a great DVD.