on 3 August 2017
These are brilliant little whatnots for watering and feeding my seedlings, pots and herbs. Using a bottle rather than a hose means I have better control over how much water or feed I'm applying, and the spray produced by the 'rose' heads is fine enough not to bulldoze growing seedlings (although minuscule ones like Lobelia still need a careful hand not to drown them!).

Choose your bottle wisely! I'd had a go with a couple of different mineral water bottles, and although you can just about get the screw to 'catch' just right every now and then, it's frustrating. But - revelation! - if you want a bottle with an absolutely perfect fit, treat yourself to one of those long necked 1 litre bottles of fizzy 'mixers' (ginger ale, tonic water, lemonade etc.) from the supermarket; own brand is about 50p, or a bit more for Schweppes if you're feeling flush! (see photos) Of course, there's the added benefit of being able to toast your green fingers with a nice G&T!
review imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on 20 May 2018
I read reviews prior to purchasing and even though some were negative, I thought I would give it a chance.
First of all, a coke bottle size 1,25L fits these toppers the best.
I brought these instead of a watering can, because I'm the type of person who would leave it out in all weathers until it turns manky.
I have been using my watering bottle topper for 3 weeks now on a daily basis, twice day. For best results, it is best to slightly squeeze the bottle for the water to pour out evenly. There is sometimes a slight leakage but it does not bother me or affect the watering of my plants.
I have dropped my bottle on several occasions (clumsy me) and the topper lid comes apart into two pieces, if this happens do not worry as you can slot it back in.
review imagereview image
on 3 August 2017
The trick with these is finding the right bottle to put them onto. They do fit on the Fairy dish soap bottles, but tend to leak a bit. I did find they also fit on Sparkling Ice bottles, and leak less, so for their price, they do a good job at providing a gentle shower for my plants and don't end up washing a bunch of soil out of their pots.
They would've got that last star if they would've provided a thin rubber washer that would've meant less leaks.
on 15 February 2017
These are great!!! Wish I'd found them years ago. Turns a drink bottle (500ml plus) into a little watering can.

Obviously these are very small and are perfect for seedlings and young plants.

Although you get 4 heads you'll probably (like me) find one that works best and just stick with it.
on 6 July 2016
These are so incredibly useful and attach to any standard plastic bottle - remember to remove any plastic collar left on the neck of the bottle first though otherwise there will not be an adequate seal and it will leak! I use them for watering tender seedlings or for accessing slightly awkward place for watering around a pot plant.
on 19 April 2018
Am I the only one who can’t get these to work!? Obviously a bottle with no inflow for the air just creates a vacuum when you try to pour water out of it. I can squeeze the water out, but then it shoots everywhere and splatters the compost. Not a nice gentle watering like I was looking for
on 5 March 2016
They do not fit on most plastic bottles. I have tried them on many European plastic bottles, most of them leak and ALL of them are not firmly attached as the threading on the caps is too shallow to allow for a strong grasp. Also they are not all sized in the same way and one of them works better than the others but still not a good a product. Poor manufacturing and overall disappointment.
on 18 May 2018
brilliant - simple - cheap - and what's even better they work. You need small bottles though, the common water bottle is too big - pinched the kids individual lemonade bottles 250ml size - works a treat
on 27 April 2017
part of one of the attachments fell off as I tipped them out of delivery bag into my hand. None of the attachments fit any small water bottles I bought (Lidl, Evian, Tesco) so thrown away. Waste of money.
on 5 June 2017
Would be 5 stars because these pour beautifully. They don't fit on Evian bottles, (which is the only kind I usually have), I think they are made for cola or fizzy drink bottles. I managed to push it on to a ribenna bottle and that works quite successfully. Perfect for seedlings.