on 6 May 2011
This 'scanner' is a very useful piece of kit when you see it in the correct context. It is not in fact a scanner in the true definition of the word but a digital camera in a box constructed to do a specific task. For any one researching or needing to catalogue a collection of 6x6cm negatives it is both portable and effective in its use. Its lower resolution than what is now the norm, is not intended to produce exhibition quality images but would be of some value in a photographic archive where costs have to be considered.The images are downloaded onto a memory card and can be manipulated from that; this also means that it is a good way to produce images from medium format negatives to download onto a web page. If you need a scanner for exhibition quality then look for something that will do that with the appropriate specification.
on 30 May 2011
I was looking for a cheap-ish scanner to scan old 60x60 and 24x36 slides. Since I am not a professional photographer or a graphic artist, I was definitely prepared for a tradeoff in image quality. However, this is beyond my worst nightmare, and totally useless to anyone who ever used a digital camera!

1. Image quality is completely non-existent even at maximum resolution, way worse that the one delivered in 2000 by my 640x480 Kodak digital camera. To give you an idea, it is on par with what you would get by taking an overexposed, oversaturated digital still with a 320x240 webcam, and increase it to the final scanned size (2800+). I am talking severe jpeg artifacts, totally pixelated contours, and non-existent details. To give you an exmaple, on a scanned 35mm slide, don't expect to be able to recognize a person's face if photographed full-figure.

2. 60x60 slides can be scanned, but only if not glass-mounted. This was of omitted from the manual, and it makes the unit useless to me.

I am returning the item, and suggest you steer well away from it if you know _anything_ about image resolution.
on 6 March 2011
Appalling that this is described as suitable for scanning! The images would not be acceptable as thumbnail previews.
There is no more than a vague indication of the content and the colours are grossly distorted.
As a cheap toy it would be totally inadequate.
I started to doubt the quality of my slides, but there is nothing wrong with them.
on 1 August 2012
purchased this despite the negative reviews that it had received, and I fully expected to get some pretty average results back, but being on a budget and not willing to spend £100's I decided to give it a go. I am realy happy that I did, I had found in excess of 2000 slides all 60 x 60 mm in my late fathers house and wanted to keep a record, they dated back to the early 1940's so a certain level of natural degredation had occured, however after scanning, photoshop came to the rescue and I am very satisfied with the results. As long as a decent camera was used in the first place the scanned results are more than good enough, A4 sized prints are acheivable in good quality. Be prepared to have latex or simillar gloves to use as the slides have to be removed from their cases to load into the cartridge.

I did find that photos taken with differing cameras produced wide ranges of scan quality, so in my opinion it could be the camera and not the scanner that produces the final results.
on 7 February 2013
I was a bit doubtful about buying this scanner as it had a couple of negative comments however, I have found it to be excellent , exactly what I needed. The majority of film scanners are only for 35mm but I had a quantity of old 120 negs which belonged to my father they are 50 to 60 years old so I wasn't expecting any great results, but my past came to life before my very eyes!! A great product at a great price.
on 23 April 2013
This is an Ideal product For Scanning 35mm 120 and Slides To get Them Onto Your Computer and Be Able to Print Them Off as Many as You Want. A Bit Long Winded in Having to Do Batches of 5 Or 6 I have Saved All the Black and White Negatives that I had and have Printed some with a Sepia Colour to Make them Look Older. It's REAL GOOD
on 13 May 2011
I bought this item to archive my exstensive film + slide collection to put them on CD.
I found it easy to use and it gave very good results. I am very happy with this purchase. 9/10
on 22 May 2014
It will probably take a couple of afternoons to get all your negatives digitised and ready to burn on CD for your kids. Great item that ou can always give as a present when you are done.
on 8 January 2013
Neat little bit of kit. Pity it does not take 60x60 card mounted slides, had to cut one of ours open to get negative - it's scan was OK.
I particularly like the TV link option.