I bought two of these items in B&Q a while back and decided that I liked them so much I would buy some more for the rest of the perimeter of my house. Of course B&Q did not stock them anymore but fortunately Amazon did - and at a cheaper price.

These are not ornate large lights that would be some sort of centerpiece. They are small and discrete which is something I wanted. They are not much bigger than the GU10 lamp that is fitted.

Quality is pretty good and fitting is easy enough if you can use a drill and have a basic understanding of DIY and electrics. Nothing scary about it at all.

They come supplied with a halogen GU10 lamp but I have already made the decision to use LED's simply because they are so efficient and long lasting.

If there is one thing I would recommend is a little bit of grease on the thread of the removable cover. The bottom of the light unscrews from the top bit and on some of these lights can be a bit tight. That's the nature of stainless steel as it has a tendency to bind slightly. Typically in engineering we would use a white grease made for SS applications, but a bit of Vaseline or copperslip anti-seize is fine. Just wipe off the excess so you don't spoil the look of the light when fitted.
on 12 January 2015
Drops a star as the one I received appears to be second hand, labels removed and replaced, bottom glass chipped. However I've decided to keep it just to save the hassle of replacing it.

As the others have said it's a reasonably well made fitting if a little awkward to get it together once the wall mount is in place. The two bolts that hold the parts together come through from the back and are not fixed in place. I was fitting mine to a harled wall and for anyone else doing the same, if you put some tape over the bolt heads (at the back) it will stop them being pushed inwards as you try to line up the front section.
on 28 August 2014
Really pleased with these lights from Ranex. I also bought the PIR version too. I actually liked them so much that I have used them inside a summerhouse as general lighting. Luckily these lights are actually very good quality and so I was able to remove the light assembly (I found a 14mm socket worked best) and rotate the base by 90 degrees. It looks even better now!

I have clearly violated the warranty but for just over £10 for a very stylish light I am more than happy.

Fitted with a replacement LED version lamp makes for a pleasing and affordable lighting option.

Highly recommended.
on 19 September 2015
Item arrived scratched. Build quality not good nd instructions useless. Returned for refund.
on 23 July 2015
Looks good even though product is not 100%... screws not good plus had some spots of rust.
on 6 October 2015
Nice looking lights, working fine and no sign of any water ingress as yet.
on 16 October 2015
Returned as wanted pir ones instead but decent lights
on 24 October 2016
Good transaction - works well.
on 25 February 2015