on 9 July 2009
An excellent and much more objective travel guide for those of us who are tired of Lonely Planets constant hidden political messages and suggestive americanized writing style. Highly recommended.
on 20 November 2012
Having spent over a year travelling the world, I have read or purchased most of the major guidebook brands at one time or another. I have always like Rough Guides as a brand as they are concise and straight to the point with less of the extraneous stuff that fills Lonely Planet that no one ever reads. The print is also easier to read tan some guidebooks in poor light( which is always when I seem to be reading it!)

It is easy to forget that whilst formats are the same guidebooks vary in quality tremendously with the author, who, in this case has don an excellent job.
on 25 July 2013
I enjoyed reading this travel guide prior to my travels. Buying a country-specific book rather than the guide to the whole continent was definitely worth it as it just contained so much more useful information about the country. Some of the little town maps were slightly lacking but I still managed most places just fine. The bits on hostels was really handy and I used it a lot. The phone numbers that I tried were all current and correct and I managed to book ahead a few times when necessary using the details from this book. Holding on to it in case I'm lucky enough to go back to Ecuador and just to flick through sometimes and remember my trip.
on 10 August 2010
Comprehensive and well informed. A great source of information for the preparation of my trip.
on 18 November 2011
This book is really reall really easy and enjoyable to read. It has really helped me plan my trip and will bee taking the book with me.
on 9 December 2009
I purchased this book for my teenage nephew who is doing a charity trip to Ecuador next year and it is ideal as a guide for him to know what to expect from the country when he arrives.
on 6 January 2013
The Rough Guide to Ecuador: Including the Galapagos Islands (Rough Guide to...)Do not buy a Kindle travel book. It is too difficult and took to long to find the information.I resolved the problem by borrowing a library book and copying relevant pages before travelling.I was trying to keep the weight down but I was pleased I bought the actual book for Columbia giving it 5 stars Colombia (Lonely Planet Country Guides)