VINE VOICEon 15 February 2013
Now there's only certain people (like engineers!) who could get excited about screwdrivers - I showed it to my wife and she wasn't the least bit impressed; but I have to say this screwdriver is fantastic as you would expect being made by Wera.

The ratchet action is very fine and the direction selector/lock is nice and precise. The magnetic holder is very strong and it will accept any standard (25mm long) hex bits you already have in your toolkit.
The best bit is the handle! It's very comfortable in use but press the flush green button on the top (à la James Bond Aston Martin ejector seat style) and the handle springs open and reveals storage for 6 hex bits (supplied) inside - very cool and great for impressing fellow engineers, but not so much the wife (unless of course she's an engineer too!).

The dimensions on this page seem to be wrong; overall I would say its 215mm long with a blade length of 100mm.

Useful, cool and a screwdriver - what more could you want! (apart from the great price I paid on Amazon!) - Brilliant!
77 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2016
As you get older and you use tools a lot, you want to upgrade your DIY tools to a more professional level. This I what I looked for in buying any items from Wera. This did not disappoint. Fine ratchet, well designed grip, easy direction switch and good access for replacement bits. Super high quality and very functional. I only wish they did a stubby as well.
on 18 June 2016
These days I tend to use an electric screwdriver whenever possible, but there's still the odd job where the manual approach is better suited to the job. This is where this screwdriver fits in. A nice set of 6 bits is stored in the handle which opens by pressing a button on the top. Top marks!
on 29 June 2015
As an aircraft engineer I can recommend this screwdriver. It is just as good as a snap on screw driver. The handle stays locked and will not accidently pop open while in use, it has a fine ratchet making it smooth to use. There is a good positive lock on the rotation selector and a nice powerful magnet to keep the bits in and attract screws. The handle is comfortable to hold giving a good grip.
on 17 June 2017
I'm a big fan of Wera tools and when I needed a ratchet screwdriver for a PC build I chose this offering (in combination with the Wera 05003300001 Wera Star Magnetising Device for all Standard Screwdriver 1 Green) and its performance was exemplary. This is a well designed, high quality tool that is more than worthy of bearing the Wera name.
on 3 November 2015
Bought this a couple of weeks ago to add to my toolkit. Not disappointed at all; usual Wera good design and excellent build quality. I expect it to last a very long time and has already come in very handy.
on 11 May 2017
A very useful bit of kit for my kitchen drawer
on 3 March 2017
Amazing tool - well worth paying the price.
on 1 June 2017
A first class piece of kit. Wera never let's you down
on 1 October 2015
This is the daddy of ratchet screwdrivers. I use a screwdriver roughly 10 times per day on average, and others had just broken on me. Magnetic bits are an advantage too. I will say 4 stars as I would have liked a larger pozi bit included.