Customer reviews

Joyce DiDonato - Diva, Divo
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 February 2013
Brilliant selection of classics. Excellent production
recommend for anyone loving this vibrant female voice and wanting to hear her range
on 27 November 2014
An intelligent research into Baroque and bel canto Music - with surprising juxtapositions of operatic rôles. Great singing.
on 3 January 2015
Wonderfull CD. Well worth the buy, if only for Ms DiDonato interpretation of the 3 pieces from Gluck's Clemenza Di Tito.
on 17 July 2013
I am an Amazon fan and a faithful client. I do want to leave positive reviews when they are deserved but I don't have enough fantasy to invent a new review every time. So: simply perfect. Thx
on 12 June 2015
Her voice is immaculate as usiual.
Would recommend it
on 30 May 2015
This singer has a superb voice - am very pleased with CD
on 10 December 2014
Superb Joyce
on 5 April 2013
amazing how convincing Joice DiDonato can express the very diffent characters of the compositions, Her singing is gorgeous and very forceful
on 9 September 2015
great
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 February 2012
Another reviewer asks if she has the best voice in the World? While she has a lovely voice she is not in the same league as El'ina Garanca who is the finest mezzo-soprano singing today.

My problem with this album isn't her voice but the track selection. The producers have provided us with 16 tracks of what they think we, the great unwashed, should listen to and not what we want to listen to. By track 16 I was hoping my HiFi would explode as it was just track after track of the type of music the professional critic or high brow music buff would get excited about but not what the ordinary listener would want to hear. Track 7 - Voi che sapete from Figaro gives us a glimpse of how well she can deliver popular content.

I only have myself to blame for buying this as I didn't look at the track selection, only buying it on the strength of the reviews and that it had won the classical Grammy. If like me, you like popular mainstream opera then you may not find this as exciting an album as the critics did.