Customer reviews

on 23 February 2017
I bought my first pair of these boots 2 years ago without any high expectations since the much more expensive boots I had bought previously never lasted beyond 1 year maximum, During the winter months (and wet summers) they are worn daily for around 3 miles of dog walking and regularly for general digging etc in the garden.
Not only were they very comfortable, but they didn't spit on the seams and I've only replaced them now because one was punctured by a piece of sharp flint which is a hazard for any rubber boot. They may not be elegant or fashionable, but as a general purpose welly they are hard to beat.
on 14 November 2012
Ordered these boot and they are excellent. They don't have insoles but who needs them when you can wear an extra pair of thick socks. Perfect for me and my gardening.
on 23 March 2015
Good, honest pair of boots and excellent value
on 20 June 2012
Had these boots about a month. I find them very comfortable. They are great for when you want to use a hose especially a power hose. They seem to be fairly heavy duty and look as though they should do me till I'm in my box. Excellent value for money. Very fast delivery.
22 people found this helpful
on 10 November 2012
I've always worn Argylls or Bullseyes (Hood), but since Hunters have taken over and offshored workforce (as well as profits) the quality has plummeted. Hunter products are now overpriced fashion accessories and you need the legs of an anorexic stick-insect to fit into them. My last two pairs of Argylls have both split after very little use and complaining to Hunters gets you precisely nowhere. These Dunlop wellies have plenty of room to accommodate trousers, overalls and thermals - as well as normal legs! They're also comfortable enough to wear throughout the day. The choice is yours: waste loadsamoney on a silly designer brand that doesn't last or fit properly - or little more than a tenner on these. Youdecide.guv
66 people found this helpful
on 25 November 2013
Santa REALLY loves these boots..Perfect for VERY deep snow, riding on the sleigh, and arriving on time...santas best buy!HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...
One person found this helpful
on 24 November 2013
I need wellies. I am out every day in the woods, crossing streams, coping with mud. Like many before me have observed, it is getting really difficult to find reliable boots. The famous Hunter brand has faded. Other brands are as bad. I have had boots fail in a matter of weeks. Even good ones, like my last pair of Aigle, lasted less than two years and cost about 90 euro. I've studied lots of product ratings, and the best I could find were Aigle Unisex Parcours ISO Wellies, but at a cost ... in the region of 150 euro. That seems a little extreme. So I'm trying these bog standard Dunlop wellies, very basic, but - if they do the job - fantastic value for money. My four star rating reflects that.

For:
>>Very good value for money. If these last even 3 months they will equal the cost of ownership of my Aigles. If they last longer than that, then I'm a winner.
>>Waterproof, so far (I plan to update this when they start leaking).

Against, and why they don't get a top rating:
>>Very wide fit, despite getting my regular size. I have placed not one, but two inner soles in each boot and they're still loose.
>>The ankle is very wide too. That means that the boot has a tendency to slide off, but so far, with the inner soles, that's not been a problem.
>>The cleat pattern traps the mud. It would be better if they were bevelled.
>>They're not very comfortable, but I'm not deducting stars for that, because at the price I didn't expect anything else.

Update 5 Feb 2014
=================

Well, they have started leaking, about 3 weeks ago, so that's about 9 week's use by my reckoning. That makes them quite expensive; I'd have to replace them 5 to 6 times a year at this rate, so that makes the cost of ownership 60 to 70 euros (say 55 quid) per annum. Need to start looking around again!
13 people found this helpful
on 6 September 2011
Very fast delivery. The boots are comfortable and heavy duty. I think these will last many years. Exelent value for money. Thank you.
23 people found this helpful
on 9 March 2011
very pleased with the quality of these wellies and was particularly impressed with fast service ordered saturday afternoon delivered the following tuesday a.m. well done
9 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2013
These boots were binned after three months, they developed splits on the upper rendering them non-waterproof. The seller has not offered a refund, and the Dunlop rep doesn't want to know about these 'budget' wellies basically. Steer clear if you want to keep your feet dry.
4 people found this helpful