Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 25 October 2011
I first heard this mix in 1995 on radio 1s essential mix on new years eve, this mix is exactly the same and I am so very happy it has finally been released, so much better than what passes for mixing today, this mix is from a land time forgot.
Well done to Amazon delivery was less than 24 hours and paying is made so very easy, very well done.
on 12 April 2013
Maybe not quite the atmosphere of the original essential mix, but this 2011 version still transports you back to heady days of beach parties and raves when trance and techno was at it's peak. That original goa mix was a treasured cassette copy of the radio broadcast, this is a worthy replacement.
on 6 July 2012
This is Oakey at his best. I heard the original Goa Mix on Radio 1 years ago and it is one of the best ever trance experiences in existence to date
It is not 'Goa' indian techno style trance so dont get it if thats what you are after.
It is in the best trance tradition of the 1990s and is just sheer class.
VINE VOICEon 13 December 2010
In a most ironic chain of events, just a few days ago, I found myself reminded of Oakey's original legendary mix that I illegaly recorded all those years ago. Perhaps it was possible for me to buy it these days? So I had a surf with good intentions but instead, I found this and it turns out that it's a brilliant rerun!
It would be very naive of someone to think that a bunch of mellow tunes approaching 20 years old would sound dated. The only thing that has changed for me is that this music now sits firmly in my chillout section of my music library. In 1994, I don't think I even had a chillout section!

Another thing to not is - what a bargain! At the time of writing this, the price is ridiculous for 2.5 hours worth of music. They give us the MP3 player friendly versions too so none of that momentary pause rubbish.

Legendary John Digweed next please!
on 15 June 2011
This is a great value download. With some really great mixes this album fair moves along. I had to take a long long rail journey to Scotland and with typical railway holdups it took a long time but it gave me time to really listen to Oakey in full effect. If you like dance/mixes you will enjoy this album.
on 22 December 2014
It would be difficult to expand on all of the positive reviews of this album that are available already, it is a great album, if you are thinking about buying it I would definitely say yes, the packaging was extremely nice and was delivered as specified. Great product and service
on 14 October 2014
Anyone that knows Paul Oakenfold and his style cannot fail to be impressed with this mix. The number of tracks and length of the album is fantastic for the price. I will admit, not all the tracks are to everyone's tastes but you'd be nuts not to purchase this album.
on 4 September 2014
One of Oakey's finest moments. This isn't the mix broadcast but it's a great essence of what Oakenfold was doing that year and the whole rise of the Perfecto Fluro sound. Happy days
on 14 August 2013
Great music the second cd is my favorite and a lot more banging both are very good and I recommend this to anyone who likes dance music....
on 5 November 2013
The product is as described and will recommend this item to anyone!
Item also arrived in-time and as described without any issues.