on 15 November 2016
This is the first time I have read Jojo Moyes although I have heard much about her books. After finishing I kept wondering what took me so long to get round to reading this author. She has written an absolute masterpiece. A real tear jerker with an ending full of hope for the future.

The story starts in the present with Ellie the journalist trying to make sense of her life, her career is on the rocks due to lack of concentration, she is having an affair with a married man, John and she has one chance to salvage all. While working on a story she comes across a letter in the archives that takes us back to another era. The letter strikes a cord with Ellie and she is determined to find out what happened between two past lovers - Jennifer and Anthony.

The book is written in the present and past which intertwine perfectly and complement each other. Its contains passion, heartbreak, emotion, adultery and the hand that fate plays in it all. Absolutely brilliant and so well written. I can't wait to read more of Jojo's books.
on 4 January 2016
'The Last Letter from Your Lover' is a story of love and missed opportunities.

I did enjoy the story, however, I felt that Jennifer's story was stronger than Ellie's story and I wanted to know what happened to Jennifer more than I wanted to know what to happened to Ellie. I enjoyed the connection between both women and how they helped each other.

This was the first book I have read by Jojo Moyes and I hope to read more of her books.
on 10 January 2013
I bought this book because I absolutely love "Me before you"... However, I am quite disappointed after reading this.

Probably it is a bit unfair to review "the last letter from your lover" comparing how outstanding "Me before you" is... but I just can't really understand the romance between Jennifer and Boot, why do they have to make it so difficult? And all the characters are so unlikeable... I found it so hard to keep reading it, the letters are boring, the whole book is boring... and the fact that the whole book was referring to the 60s makes it even more boring...

And being in the modern world, I found myself very difficult to show any sympathy for Jennifer... she's just incredibly annoying, indecisive and thick! I understand sometimes an affair could be exciting, a forbidden love can be romantic... but there are just not enough evidence to support this so called "romance"!

Sorry Jojo, I love "Me before you", but not this one...
on 14 March 2017
found this to be a well crafted story.Enjoyed reading it but it did not blow me way...found it difficult to identify with the 2 main female characters...hard going in places but stuck with it ...thought the ending was good.
on 7 June 2017
This was a fulfilling read, and a beautiful love story. None of the characters were perfect but felt like real people.
All her books are different and I like that you can't second guess what is going to happen.
on 7 January 2016
Not impressed, self-indulgent, women's magazine caricature characters.. Not gripped at all. Not sure about the crisp, breathy narration either. Giving up at least for now I think, just not enjoying it at all. Waste of money and not cheap as an audio book!
on 22 April 2014
I really enjoy books set in this era and thought it was a fabulous love story, which at times was heartbreaking and at times humorous. JoJo Moyes has become one of my very favourite authors as I can totally rely on her to keep me hooked on every page of her books. I loved this book from beginning to the fabulous end.
on 2 March 2016
Beautiful story as usual from Jojo Moyes. Her stories transport you to where you need to be, with a touch of bitterness in the process. A wonderful story of love, forgiveness, and friendships. I enjoyed this as much as everything else I've read by Jojo Moyes.
on 22 July 2017
a story of a loved lost and found again... makes me want to write letters. cried a couple of times
on 17 August 2017
Really enjoyed this story as it spans the decades. It keeps you interested as it twists and turns and the ending is very satisfying.