Size: 5 Meter|Colour Name: White|Change

on 14 April 2012
Ordered using next day delivery-Bought it on Fri evening and arrived on Sat morning.
Tried it out and it worked perfectly 1st time. I have a macbook Pro (early 2011) and a samsung HD TV.
I'm extremely happy with the product and service!!!!

This is in fact the 2nd cable of this kind i have purchased. I recently bought one from a store for 4 times the price of this one :( and at first i thought it was the wrong cable because it didn't work-kept coming up with no signal. However after playing about with it i realised there was a really bad connection into my display port . So i bought this cable to check whether my display port or the actual cable was at fault and hey ho it was the cable.

So, this cable worked 1st time and i would recommend it to others and it's a fair price too!! (just make sure the display and sound setting on the mac are configured correctly, you can find out on a internet search if like me you are a bit of a computer noob)
on 29 June 2012
Ordered this having spent a little time researching, arrived very quickly and tried it immediately by linking both a Mac Book Air and then Mac Book Pro to our TV. Worked first time once we told the Computer how to transmit picture and sound (In Apple icon choose System Preferences -Choose Mirror Image option in Display icon and then for sound find the TV in the Sound Icon in system preferences and choose the TV as the external source). The great thing about this product with our Macs is the lead transmits both sound and picture meaning no need for additional audio cable. At a fantastic 5m length means that you can sit on the sofa in comfort with your Computer and watch content on your large screen TV. So impressed that Ill be ordering a second one after writing this review.
55 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2012
I purchased this about 2 weeks ago now, and I don't know how I managed to survive without it! It arrived quickly and the product was as described. I hooked it into the back of my 32inch HD TV and connected up my macbook pro 17 inch. The quality is incredible (I would go to say that it is better then the broadcast HD)

I am an editor and it is really useful to watch the final cut on this big screen in the HD quality to make notes for sound and colour correction, as well as re-edits!
The long cable means I can be sitting a good distance away from the screen and use my computer to make notes on! Saving me time later because i don't have to type them up to send them to others involved in the production!

I also use it to watch Webseries like VGHS (Video game high school, by the freddieW youtube channel) and programs from BBC Iplayer. The quality is excellent.

One thing i would note is to make the sound go through the output device you need to go into the sound settings on the mac. Nothing this product is responsible for but a common complain on these types of product is that the audio doesn't work, when actually it's the users inability to check simple solutions such as sound settings.

Absolutely no complaints so thats why I have given it 5 stars!
on 1 June 2012
Ordered this cable for my new macbook. It was delivered promply and worked straight away. I had to adjust the audio preferences in the macbook so it knew to send the audio feed to my TV but having done it once it now does it automically. Good product.
on 8 July 2012
Bought this to be able to watch movies from my MacBook pro on my TV, a superb value for money product, miles cheaper than anything in the Apple Store. One very happy customer
on 18 November 2012
Excellent product, sound and vision through HDMI (I use it with a 2012 Macbook Air). Cable a Fraction of the Price you would Pay on from the Apple website for a similar product, white too like an Apple product. I would recommend a purchase of one.
on 6 January 2016
I used this to Project my Apple Macbook Air to my TV. My Macbook doesn't have a HDMI port, so this was the best way to get what i needed up on the screen. If you have Apple TV, you can wirelessly stream your laptop onto the screen, but i didn't have one, so i used this. The cable is really long... 5 metres, but the picture quality is really good. I recommend to anyone that doesnt have a HDMI port and only a thunderbolt port. I really hope this helps someone!
on 3 June 2012
I am no whiz kid when it comes to electronics-I'm aged 78.
I try hard to understand this new galloping technology but I don't impress my grand-children.
My grandchildren think I'm not one bit 'cool'

I greatly wanted to be able to watch films via the Internet, without having to pay £4.00 for each one!
So after a little research I hesitantly bought one of these cables.

SURPRISE SURPRISE This lead has everything I need for the above purpose, including sound and three metres in length.

Three steps and I had the job done.
The HDMI fitting to the TV and the other end to my laptop, coupled with a few simple changes to my Apple Mac and the job is perfect.

I am delighted with the results and guess what?

When I transferred a film from my laptop to T.V. my great grandson age 7 said "Now that's cool"

Many thanks

This product is Highly recommended 5 stars
on 17 February 2016
I bought these cables because my new set up consists of two 27 inch monitors powered by my 13 inch MBP Retina and I wanted to use the thunderbolt ports instead of the HDMI port. I could have gone with one HDMI and one Thunderbolt but thats a ver good move for my OCD (lol).

The cables came in a simple yet nice looking packaging. It was so nicely packaged I had to use scissors because the plastic wasn't giving up. The cables seems nice and not cheap at all. The gold plated ends look exactly the same and match the colours compared to an iPhone charger but the plastics do feel a bit different. They're not exactly cheap Chinese plastic like but not high end plastic either. So far so good but we will see how they hold up over time.

TIP 1#: Having two thunderbolt cables instead of 1TB and 1 HDMI means your cables will come one from only one side of your Macbook. This makes it easier to manage it when storing away out of sight. When charging your macbook, charge will also be plugged in on the same side.

TIP 2#: Don't you wish you could close the lid and NOT keep the macbook plugged in ? Well, there is an app for that. It's not only more convenient but also better for the battery as you are constantly using it ( charging, discharging, charging and discharging etc. ). Search the open source app called insomniaX.
on 24 January 2016
You need to be very careful before ordering this from here or elsewhere. There was nothing at all wrong with product it just simply did not work and this is because my device, MS Surface Pro 3 running W10, needed an ACTIVE Adaptor. Check whether your device is the same as many do need this and once obtained, worked fine rendering this lead redundant. I think Apples do, too.