on 3 January 2013
In the past I have had Hunter wellies that have lasted for several years however the last two pairs that I have bought haven't even lasted a year. The first pair cracked after just 7 months and then leaked, the pair I have now just leak after about 9 months of wear. These are an expensive product, the reason I have continued to buy them is because they fit so well but that's not a lot of use when your feet are soaking wet ! Hunter you really need to improve your product as at one time your name stood for quality, now it's just an expensive designer label on a poor quality product.
on 17 November 2014
So disappointed -they started leaking after 3 months. Bought them as a special birthday gift to last a lifetime as I have had mine for 20 years but mine were 'Made in Scotland', Hunters have always been expensive but total value for money as they are very comfortable and last forever.
The new boots are poor quality. Hunter, please go back to making them in UK-people will pay for quality, you are harming your reputation
on 12 April 2012
I bought these boots as a present for the boyfriend and he loves them.He said they are very comfortable and sturdy and are perfect for the muddy walks with the pooch, which Im glad about as when I walk him I get covered in mud and scratches :(.
on 12 August 2014
These wellies did not last as long as original "Made in Scotland" wellies - I think the quality has been sacrificed. On the plus side, they are damned comfortable. On the negative side, these started leaking after 6 months (worn every day for 1-2 hours) where my little toe wore through the side of the wellie. My old pair lasted years with the same use. Amazon only warranty the product for 30 days, but Hunters did come good with a replacement pair. These next pair, I will wear with welly socks to try to extend the life a little.
on 27 March 2013
I knew better than all the unfavourable reviews...turns out I should have believed them.

After 6 months of ownership these have died with both soles split and another split in the join at the back. I regret spending the £55 and trusting the Hunter Brand quality that no longer exists. My next pair will be Aigle or Chameau and I would advise anyone not accept a pair of Hunters unless they are free. Yet another British manufacturer to cut quality for short term profit at the cost of long term viability....
on 10 September 2013
I've been buying Hunter wellies for years. There's no doubt that they are very comfortable to wear however the quality of the boot has deteriorated considerably and they are nowhere near as long lasting as they used to be.
on 21 January 2015
Rubber cracked after approximately 12 months of light use. Very poor quality, they seem to be trading on their good name and the fact that they are now fashionable. Save yourself some money and buy a pair of Milletts wellies.
on 8 February 2015
Very poor product have had these wellies for 2 years even with moderate use they have split at the toes and fron.I thought Hunter wellies were a brand that lasted ? Will never buy Hunters again ...buyer beware
on 8 November 2012
I decided to upgrade my wellingtons to hunters. After looking over the mixed reviews I hoped I had made the right choice. I can't complain so far after 1months wear around my father's farm and muddy dog walks - dry feet and comfortable to wear.

Previous reviews mention size of foot wear. I am a size 5, with a not so skinny leg, the foot part of the boot fits well, leg part is neat fit which I like. There would be problems however if I wanted to use a wellie sock along with the boots, in this case I would suggest you buy a size larger.

Pleased with my purchase so far.
on 25 October 2012
PERFECT IN EVERY WAY...I've wanted these for years but could never justify paying the price but I've finally done it and I have no regrets at all. Worth every penny. They are so well made and very comfortable and they look great. Not like cheaper wellies at all, they don't gape round the ankle and they are high to just below the knee.
I'm one very happy Hunter owner :)))