Customer reviews

on 19 July 2015
This is not as depicted.
This product is the new variant, which is no longer the very thin (1mm) flat version, but for some inexplicable reason now a slightly fatter version 2.5mm (?).
doesn't work for me at all
I returned it
It is beyond me why Verbatim would have changed this
on 7 January 2013
I Ordered this because I used to have one a little while ago that I lost and I wanted another. I loved the design in that it was uniformly flat and rectangular (like the one in the picture.) The one they sent me however is what I guess to probably be the newer model which is slightly raised at the back as well as rounded at the back end too. I'm not a big fan of the new design as I liked the simplicity of the old style but a a product it works in the same way and is still a very small usb stick with a good capacity so my only complaints are with the aesthetics of the product which in my opinion are not as good as the one shown in the picture.
on 19 June 2011
This USB flash drive is gr8 for as long (short) as it works.. I have had almost 3 replacements now from Verbatim.. Try something else.. I wont recomend.
on 21 March 2010
I bought this for my dad so he could transfer photos from the PC to a digital photo frame. Though the frame has slots for all types of photo cards, using a faster USB stick was preferable and less faff at the PC end. However, a typical USB flash drive would be so big as to stick out and be visible hanging off the side of the photo frame, so I looked for the smallest one available. I was still surprised when it arrived at just how tiny this thing is, and it ensures that it just stays out of sight.

One thing I was pleased to see is that on the back of the packet there is explicit reference to 'Linux 2.4.0 or higher' amongst the supported operating systems. There is no reason why the vast majority of USB flash drives would not work on Linux out-of-the-box, but it's good to see the manufacturer has bothered to list it anyway for buyers' peace of mind.

So far it seems to work fine, but requires insertion upside down on the PC USB port. There is a short cable supplied that can be looped around the hole on the drive for attaching to a key ring or hanging up somewhere to avoid losing it. Other brightly coloured versions of this product are available for those who fear it will slip into the nearest dog, but this one is good if you want something more discreet. There is also some small EXE file for password protection software pre-installed but that is probably Windows-only and not required in my case anyway. It can be safely ignored.
on 8 May 2011
I got this to put on my keyring so that I could always have important files such as my CV (you never know when you might meet your next boss!) and a few video files just in case I'm bored round a friends house.

It's very small - I thought it'd be too small for my USB at first and very robust - I've had it on my keyring which literally doesnt leave me at any point during the day in a pocket full of change etc and its never had any problems. I love it so much I'm considering getting another.

Highly recommended - I've even managed to get a couple colleagues to get one each too!
on 27 July 2010
smallest USB drive i have ever seen, means you can always carry it with you on your keys... and seems very durable, due to it not having the metal sheild around the connection like most usb's, previously i have experienced these things get bend and no longer fit the computer.

product is brilliant value for money!
on 19 April 2011
Basically it's a small, and by small I mean really small 16BG USB 2.0 drive. Very practical to keep on your keys as you won't even notice it. I am a bit skeptical about it's durability though. I had a 4GB version of these, it just stopped working one day and it was only 6 months old. Another thing is speed. If you plan to use it to transfer large files regularly, buy something else. An ideal use for this drive is to keep a portable backup on it.
on 19 May 2010
This flash drive is seriously small (about 2cm x 1cm). I hang mine off my mobile phone with the included lanyard so that I don't lose it! But it seems tough and works well.
Now had it for several months and it's been very hardy - no problems.
on 12 April 2010
Having just bought a Sony CDX-GT434U CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo, I needed a USB drive that had high storage for all my music but small enough that it couldn't be accidentally damaged during use. As the USB drive is on the right, a normal USB drive could be damaged as the steering wheel is within close proximity of the port.

The Verbatim 8Gb Micro USB Drive has scored highly on both counts as the drive is absolutely tiny (as per my customer photos) and packs a massive 8Gb worth of storage, which I'm struggling to fill with driving my favourite driving music.

The drive is just over 1inch length with just over 1.5cm in width and around 3mm in depth. It feels weightless to hold but doesn't feel flimsy as it may look. It comes with a small lanyard attachment so it can be attached to a keyring or something larger to stop you from losing it. It has no actual casing, so the contact points on the back are intended to face inwards on the USB drive so the gold points are connected. It fits snugly into most drives and I've had no problems retrieving the drive after insertion.

The capacities available vary up to 16Gb and the 8Gb model was instantly recognised by both Windows XP and Windows 7. Also, my car stereo recognised the device, I was able to browse my albums straight away and play directly from the drive.

Overall I'm very impressed with the device and I would definitely recommend to anyone who is in the same situation as me, or simply anyone looking to buy a new portable storage drive.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 16 January 2013

Reading (Verifying):
30917 MByte
26:26 min
19.5 MByte/s

Warning: Only 30917 of 31008 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 8.9 MByte/s

Reading (Verifying):
7613 MByte
4:25 min
28.6 MByte/s

Build quality: Decent, but 8GB version is significantly higher with no gaps between memory module and body/frame.