on 1 October 2015
Ive had this clock now for 2 years and love it. Here are the good bits:
- lovely soft light in the room, which gives a gentle sleep and wake up, which was the whole point for us
- nice wake up alarms. We especially like the birds singing.
- radio function is good if you get good radio signal.

Cons:
- it is very fiddly to set up but we found some videos on YouTube which helped;
- the radio is not DAB, which means the quality isn't great (we live in a rural area);
- we haven't found a way to switch off the front display without setting the alarm but I've read this is possible...

On the whole really happy with this product. So much so I've bought two more as presents for family. I'd recommend.
on 22 March 2017
I bought this when it was getting harder and harder to get up in the morning when it was still dark outside. I only use the light option as I wasn't too fond of the alarm noises and we keep this on the other side of the room.
This clock has made a massive difference to waking up, as it's now gradual and you don't have that harshness when you turn on a light when you have been in darkness. It's also nice having the sunset feature to fall asleep to. The difference with this clock and the cheaper ones, is that this one you can customise the alarm noise and you can change the length of sunset and sunrise. I would say it's worth buying, but I got this when it was on offer (I think it was reduced to about £75), so I would recommend holding out for it to drop if you are hesitating over the price. All in all, it's a great clock! Mornings are now easy.
on 3 October 2016
This is my second as the first finally died...it was an original though so good long life! I am such much more pleasant in a morning waking up gently with these lights....fantastic product.
on 19 September 2015
This replaced an earlier model I've had for years which gave up the ghost. Several things have improved, but the alarm time should be easier to change (in a normal week, I'll set at least 3 different times). The brightness of the display should have more variability - is basically on or off and I want an intermediate setting at night. I was annoyed to have to buy a model with a radio (which I don't need) to get other setting options. Either my DAB radio keeps poor time or this (and it's predecessor) does. Have to keep resetting to keep in sync. These are all annoying glitches in what is otherwise the best product of its type I've found, which really does make getting up less stressful and unpleasant.
on 1 September 2014
Not as user friendly as I expected. re-read booklet a number of times. Love the light coming up in winter. Disappointed with radio reception and I get a clicking - not worth paying extra for this feature, and the standard time settigns are ideal so don't need the variety this model offers either. I haven't found a way of using alarm without light for summer use. Having the display set to go dark so it doesn't show at night unless I press button means I cannot easily see the time during the day. Also haven't found a way to have the light stay bright for reading and not dim on me.
on 9 January 2016
Hate waking up? Detest the sound of your alarm? Can't snooze enough? Always feel rubbish waking up?

This alarm is life changing. I can't fathom how or why this isn't rated a full 5*! Yes, there are ways this can be improved, but it is a fantastic product.

Pros: sunset mode is amazing. The optional choice of well-being sounds are brilliant, I've had no problems getting to sleep every night since I've had this alarm. The alarm itself is nice, easy to set up and easy to use. The light looks lovely and you can use this as a bedside lamp easily.

Cons: the FM radio should definitely be a DAB for this price. However, there really is no harm in using the FM radio, the little antenna cable is a bit annoying but I wouldn't avoid purchasing this product for that reason.

I looked around at many alternatives before purchasing this, decided to stick with the original Lumi brand and opted to pay more to have the audio options as I really hate having to use my phone alarm. Best decision I have ever made. (Note: this is the most expensive alarm I've ever purchased and I don't normally spend money like this- I see it as an investment in getting my mornings back and feeling like a human rather than a sleep monster!)
on 10 June 2017
This clock has changed my life through the winter. A little tricky to set - the instructions required a few read throughs - but easy once you get the hang of it. It wakes you up with a lovely gradual light that gets very bright once fully switched on, making it double up as a reading light in the evenings too. You can set the time for the light to be fully on, and the time you want the light to be fading on for - I find 30 minutes to be good for me. You can also programme sound to wake you alongside the light; there are pre-programmed sounds or you can use the radio. Excellent all round!
on 3 March 2014
The menu system is easy to cycle through, RTM and it couldn't be simpler. Yes you do have to arm it each day but then you don't get an unwanted wake up at 6:30 on a weekend ;).

Since setting this up I don't remember ever having fallen asleep. I used to toss and turn getting the brain to wind down/block the sound, but the white noise 'sunset' has me fast asleep in moments. I cannot stress enough how great this is unless you suffer from tinnitus too, in which case you'll get it.

Radio reception and sound isn't too bad, but that white noise is why I would buy another one of these tomorrow. Oh and waking up to bird song and a golden light through the recent dark mornings, has been a pleasant start to the day.

Device isn't obtrusive on my small bedside shelf, and I like the curved design. Simple button controls work well and the LED auto off setting makes the room dark, just how I like it.

All in all, buy it. Better specced than the cheaper Lumie, but added functions well worth it.
on 2 February 2016
Works great, even after bouts of several hrs of insomnia I am still able to wake & get up with this clock, I really do feel better able to cope with the day and wake up gently. Now I'm up at 6am in the Winter with no issues in the last several days I've used it. I use this in addition to my Lightbox Therapy for S.A.D.

Didn't find the instructions too hard to follow, but it did take a couple of read throughs. You need to set the alarm every night before going to sleep, but this is a good idea anyway if you have trouble getting up, because a good routine is important for your sleep schedule anyway, I wake up with it and have a lie in on off days instead. Would have preferred D.A.B radio to FM but it'll do.
on 16 May 2014
I hesitated for a couple of years before buying this dawn simulator as it is so expensive. I wish I had done it earlier, and, especially, that I had been able to afford one when I was doing shift works in my youth.
This makes it incomparably easier to get up before dawn, or on a grey morning: it does not wake you up in a start like alarm clocks which rely on noise, but gently and naturally. I still use the alarm clock function of my hifi as back up, but find I am usually up and about by the time it is set to go off, i.e. at the end of the 'sunrise'. I like this dawn simulator so much that last winter I even used it at the weekend, on days when I didn't need to get up early, and I am thinking of getting one of the 'light therapy' thingies.
I chose this product rather than the cheaper Lumie 30 or Lumie GO 75 because it has a 90-minute sunrise option, which I thought I would need, as someone who always has difficulty getting out of bed in winter. Unfortunately I found out by experience that both the 90-minute and the 60-minute settings are too 'slow' for me and that I work best on the 45-minute setting. If this ever breaks down, I will go for the 'shortened' version.
The reasons I give this product only 4 stars are:
* the 'background noises' are pretty rubbish
* the radio is absolutely crap
* every time I want to use the 'sunset' function, I have to use the user's guide and unfortunately while doing so, I have switched off the 'sunrise' function by mistake