on 5 November 2013
Ignore the mixed reviews and here are the facts. These gloves are good quality and well made which is what you would expect from Berghaus; These gloves can handle drizzle but not rain, they dry fast when wet, they are warm in light breezes and on cold days, they are not good though for strong cold winds, as they are fleece and have no wind break protection, and the hand size is very accurate for these gloves unlike other brands. So if you are going out on cold, damp and light breezy Autumn/Winter days they are great! If however it is extremely cold or windy, or raining heavy then you will need a winter glove, with wind resistance, waterproofing and a thicker insulation, all in all a great glove but not for extreme winter weather. Hope this helps.
22 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 22 January 2013
I have a fair amount of Berghaus kit already, so a pair of fleece gloves seemed like a good addition for the winter walk to the station. The gloves themselves are good: a snug fit around the wrist but with good finger articulation, well made for sure, and likely to last 2-3 winters I would guess.

The problem is that they aren't as warm as you might expect them to be.

I know they're only a fleece glove and don't claim to offer any windstop, but even a light chilly breeze can felt through the material, meaning your gloved hands tend to head for your pockets. Perhaps I'm being too picky for a ten quid glove, but I had expected a little more from the brand. Sorry Berghaus, just being honest (!).
on 27 February 2014
There are a lot more reviews now than when I first purchased these gloves, however when I was looking the reviews made it out that you would be high fiving Sir Ranulph Fiennes at the top of Everest and being warmer than him in your amazing Berghaus gloves.

Let me say these gloves are very nice and comfortable and in a chilly day (not freezing) with not much wind will be just fine.

The problem I found was when it was bitterly cold, which it often is in an English winter, that my hands felt everything like I had no gloves on at all. The worst though was the wind, if the wind blew it was like you were wearing gloves with huge holes in them as it offered zero protection.

My only other gripe was you could clip the gloves together so you did not lose on of them, I thought this was extremely handy.... for the first week until the clip broke as it was incredibly flimsy.

I expected more from the Berghaus brand to be fair, but I guess being the price they are you can't expect too much.
on 10 February 2012
I recently bought a pair of the "thinsulate" material gloves from a local shop for £2.99p. OK he must have bought a job lot and was selling them off cheap, but in all honesty they were just as warm as the Berghaus fleece gloves and appear to be of similar quality. But not all is lost. Even though the Berghaus gloves cost me 3 times as much as the Thinsulate ones the label is the same as on my jacket !!!
Lovely warm gloves these, just what the doctor ordered, extra long cuffs that tuck into coat sleeves making cold draughts a thing of the past, these gloves dry quickly when wet and have a clip so they can be clipped together when not in use.

Great quality item.
on 27 December 2015
I have had 3 sets of these now , that's how much I like them. They are good gloves, wife stole one pair...even though my hands are quite a bit larger than hers and I lost but then found another pair. Gloves are warm and although not waterproof they do fine in normal rain if out walking. Wouldn't use them on my bike in heavy rain , but on occasion got caught on bike in rain and they did fine short term, and still better than no gloves at all! Highly recommend for the price
on 27 November 2012
Love these gloves, very warm, very comfortable and not very bulky at all.

Easy on & off, the cuff as several people have mentioned are not a problem at all, the fit really well on your wrist and the gloves doesn't move about. The only issue I have with the Snug cuff is; I wear a large(ish) watch, the glove isn't very comfortable over the watch. I just don't pull the glove over the watch anymore!

I got the medium size and they fit perfect. If any one has any doubts about sizing, check out the Berghaus website and you can get the measurements on the 'Sizing' page.
on 22 January 2016
This is my second pair of these gloves; the first ones lasted about ten years and I've always found them warm enough for my dog walking throughout the colder months in Northern climbs of the UK. When my first pair went missing recently there was only one replacement I had in mind, i.e.: more of the same please.

They are not waterproof or windproof, so not really designed for intense activity in severe conditions, but they make good under-gloves for those situations. Highly recommended.
on 16 May 2013
The gloves are a good price. However the fingers seem very long compared with existing gloves and this is proving to be a nuisance as they stretch beyond the end of my fingers. Next time I will buy from a shop and try them on before buying. Also they have a nice feel but do not seem to keep the wind out as much as others I have had.
on 14 February 2014
I still use these after having them for about 6 months. However, after about a month a hole developed in the seem on the right hand where the thumb is. They still do the job but it's a bit annoying they got a hole so quick, I only wear them on the way to work.