Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 February 2013
After recently deciding to re-visit my love of electronic music (fatherhood intervened for 10 years - twin boys - high maintenance - no time for hobbies sonny Jim!)I have had the enormous pleasure of re-discovering the likes of the legendary John Digweed (I left John shortly after Sasha & Digweed and returned to discover Bedrock & Transitions) and Dave Seaman (Renaissance & GU Mixes), both of whom appear to have been rather busy in their output in my absence, both to an exceptionally high quality. Good Oh I thought.

What I was not prepared for was uncovering the likes of Booka Shade(Memento), Trentemoller(The Last Resort), Michael Mayer (Fabric 13 / Mantasy), Guy Gerber(Fabric 64), Guy J(1000 Words), Henri Saiz(Balance 019), Joris Voorn (Balance 014)and now the intriguing and enigmatic Robag Wruhme.

I have an extensive music library, much of which has been sourced through Amazon, and typically I'm not the sort to write reviews. However after listening to Wuppdeckmischmampflow through my AKG K 702's and drifting blissfully into a dreamlike state of consciousness I felt compelled to change that.

Wuppdeckmischmampflow is often a deep and darker experience. From minimal clicky tech house, deep groovy locked in techno bass rhythms then all the way back up and out to beautiful melodic sequences and wonderfully pretty vocal loops, the soundscape that Robag paints is not only extraordinarily intelligent and forward thinking but breathtaking in its ebb & flow.

The future of electronica is bright I think - now on to the next 10 years...
on 6 February 2012
Robag Wruhme's Wuppdeckmischmampflow is an absolute masterpiece and I cannot recommend it enough. Simply amazing journey of sound that ebbs and flows, such an organic mix it's a wonder that it didn't just grow...