The Workout Mix 2011
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 December 2010
At last - a CD that actually works for the gym. Love the track selection and the fact that the tracks build in intensity to match my workout- cannot recommend this enough, loved it on first listen and cant wait to get to the gym tomorrow. The tracks are mostly dance versions of chart hits with some real favs in there from the 90's.
22 Comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 April 2011
"Workout Mix 2011" has an eclectic set of great dance and pop music hits that are great to workout to and/or for listening in the privacy of your living space. There are three cds that symbolize the themes of working out (disc one is titled "Push It", disc two is titled "Burn It", and disc three is titled "Pump It". There are many enjoyable songs to listen to in this strong and fun compilation. The following is a great sampler of some of the upbeat songs featured in this collection:

1)"Commander" by Kelly Rowland featuring David Guetta
2) "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga (Starsmith Remix)
3) "Evacuate the Dancefloor" by Cascada (Ultrabeat Remix)
4) "Something Kinda Oooh" by Girls Aloud (Flip and Fill Remix)
5) "Starry Eyed" by Ellie Goulding (Russ Chimes Remix)
6) "Fire With Fire" by Scissor Sisters (Digital Dog Remix)
7) "Ayo Technology" by Skyla
8) "U Sure Do" by Strike
9) "You've Got the Love" by Florence and the Machine (Steve Pitron & Max Sanna Remix)
10) "I Like the Way" by the Bodyrockers
11) "Say it Right" by Nelly Furtado
12) "Fireflies" by Owl City

There are more good songs in this compilation of 49 songs. I just felt that it would be helpful to include a listing of some of the songs available in this collection. "Workout Mix 2011" is very beneficial to obtain if you enjoy high-energy and upbeat dance and/or pop music.
on 5 October 2012
I paid about £10 for this album. The tracks are okay, but a lot of the tracks that I was interested in listening to are different versions than the ones I actually like, so a little disappointed. However several of the tracks I hadn't heard before and loved.

Good high beat tracks (mostly), so good for working out to.

The additional 3 tracks not available as an individual download are just mixes of the tracks on the discs. Not that great, as you could achieve the same effect by creating a playlist.

I had trouble downloading the file originally, but amazon were great at helping me out with that. If this was a review of the service and not the product, then I would give them 5 stars for helping me.

If it had been about £5, I would have given it 4-5 stars, but at £10, not so impressed.
on 7 April 2012
The track choices are perfect for work on the treadmill but I'm afraid I found it very frustrating as alot of the tracks on all 3 cd's either skipped or jumped ahead.
So after trying them on all 3 of our players and finding no change I have returned it for a refund. I will however find another one to purchase as the tracks are perfect for the job.
on 3 March 2014
Another great album this really is great I have a huge cd collection and this was a fantastic edition to my growing collection 100% recommended
on 11 April 2013
I've been listening to this album along side another I purchased so it's difficult to tell them apart. However, I have found that there are tracks that spurred me on, and yet others are just dance ones which I don't find particularly inspiring. However, the sheer volume of tracks is a good aspect because there's nothing worse than running out of tunes half way through your work out.
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2012
I bought this as I wanted a good workout CD. I actually bought the MP3 version and you get three "CDs" worth of music that are suitable and energetic enough for the most rigorous workouts.
on 13 June 2014
Good for use in the gym, music like this is good to get you going as well as being trendy and catchy
on 1 February 2011
excellent for workout out i use the cd while doing my exercise.
It really gets you going. I also like how they have 3 cds to use for diffrent workouts and cooling down once finshed your
exersise.
A good buy for people who like listen to music while doing there exersise/workouts
on 28 February 2015
some of CD's is ok, but one of them was completely wrong cd, wrong songs on it. but hey ho it was cheap.