Format: DVD|Change

When Peter (Downey Jr) is on his way home from Atlanta to LA for the birth of his first child, he meets Ethan (Galifianakis) and his life gets turned upside down.

Over the course of the film they will get thrown off the plane, start an ill fated road trip where mishaps and injuries occur and Peter's patience is tested to it limit. Ethan is a well meaning, but clumsy, irritating buffoon and his entry into Peter's life starts a chain of events that will leave them irrevocably bonded, but it won't be an easy ride by any stretch of the imagination.

This film had a few funny moments that raised a chuckle, but generally I found it to be a rather dry affair. The chemistry between Downey Jr and Galifianakis seemed lacking and whilst the extras gag reel showed them having a good time during filming, this didn't translate onto the screen. Juliette Lewis' brief appearance was one of the highlights of the film and her performance was as good as we have come to expect from her. The direction was average at best with nothing especially note-worthy and the best part of this film was probably the soundtrack which features Neil Young, Band of Horses and Pink Floyd.

All in all this is an ok comedy film, but the laughs are few and far between and whilst it isn't the worst film I've ever seen, it is nowhere near the best either. This is the kind of film you'll watch once, be reasonably entertained and then forget by the time a couple of days have passed. Give it a go, but don't expect anything outstanding.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 11 November 2010
I went to go and see this film last night with a friend and we laughed all the way through it. The unlikely pairing of robert downey junior and zach galifianakis works like magic and the storyline is non-stop comedy. The ending adittedly is a bit dry. but other than that, I don't have a bad word to say about it, apart from: please sir, can I have some more??
on 19 June 2014
good film very funny in parts well worth a watch passes time nicely a must for robert d junior fans
on 17 March 2013
this is so funny! both actors are great and the film is just ace, deffo worth a watch for a laugh!
on 9 March 2011
2 misatched individuals on an enforced roadtrip.

Galifianakis plays his part extremely well and presents a character that is hard not to like while at the same time would be easy to hate being around.

It's intelligently made and there are a number of very funny lines and situations.

Doubt I'll watch again but enjoyed watching it the once.
on 23 May 2016
So funny it made us laugh until the very end. Maybe not to every ones taste but we loved it.
on 1 April 2011
This film was an utter disappointment. Was expecting lots of laughs and good acting, but in reality I got bored and nearly turned off before the end. Waste of money.
on 6 January 2012
Bought this for my mum for christmas, as I knew she liked the actors in it and she enjoyed the hangover, which this supposidly is better than. I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but it is a very funny film! Which I would recommend if you and your friends or family want a night in with a film - which is a decent price! Some bits were very funny, and overall I would definetly say a film you should see if you enjoy comedy!!!
on 11 January 2015
Bad movie. And the Audio was not correctly sync with the Video at the end of the movie.
on 14 June 2012
To be honest, I only bought it because Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galifianakis are hilarious, wonderful actors. The film is very funny, there are small parts that I find slightly irritating. If it wasn't for the actual actors I probably qould have turned it off. Good movie, watched it three times and it gets funnier each time.