Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 30 December 2005
Pardon me for the intended pun but I simply couldnt resist it as this book is really like one long continous nightmare! But an excellent read. It is the first of Peter James' works that I have read so unfortunately I am unable to offer any comparisons with any of his many other novels. The story centres upon a married Mother Sam Curtis who at a very early age suffers an horrendous experience literally at the hands of a beast. This becomes the start of her nightmares or dreams as this book would have them. 25 years on, after a complete respite the dreams restart for no apparent reason. However it soon becomes clear to Sam that somehow the dreams that She experiences result in terrible 'accidents' to anyone who comes into contact with her. Worse, these terrifying dreams blend in with reality and increase in their regularity so that the poor woman doesnt have a clue where she is or where or when the next terror will occur.
As Ive written in other reviews I usually restrict 5 star ratings only for books in which are absolute page turners and this is one of those. From page one onwards. I did find that I became irritated at the continous dreams as the book went on but this didnt deter me from racing on to get to the end where hopefully all is revealed! There are some very suspicious characters as the story goes along and a few clues along the way which will have you thinking / guessing and you might not be far wrong. Have a read of the first few pages (if you are able) and I think from only the first couple of pages you'll be hooked. Good reading!
on 20 March 2017
Entertaining semi supernatural yarn
on 20 June 2017
Up to scratch as usual
on 28 July 2017
Confusing as to who Andreas was. Love peter James books especially the Roy grace series.
on 21 July 2017
Great as ever.
on 5 May 2017
Gave up it never got off the ground
on 5 March 2015
Good story and not easy to put down
on 8 May 2015
A challenging read
on 13 June 2010
This is not the first Peter James book that I have read but the worst. I do tend to enjoy his Roy Grace detective books more than his weird thriller books. Never got into it from the start, so kept on reading it just in case it was leading somewhere and it didn't. Disappointed. Wouldn't bother recommending it to anyone else so they would end up wasting their time like I did.
on 28 December 2010
Usually I cannot put one of his books down - but this one left me feeling that I couldn't wait to get to the end just to finish it!!
Sorry - not one of his best ones.