Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(2 star). See all 838 reviews
on 4 December 2017
Disappointed with movie
on 31 March 2018
Had high hopes, but just not very good.
on 26 May 2016
Typical fayre. My 10 year old found many things wrong with it.
on 20 February 2013
What a very poor film, a big disapointment, certainly not what I expected from this group of film makers, but may appeal to some but not to me.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 October 2015
This film mostly didn't work for me. When I watch a superhero movie I expect action, humour, babes (OK, at least one) and of course a colourful, cool evil villain as well as some despicable evil sidekicks, disposable evil henchmen and extravagant evil weapons, vehicles or lairs. The superhero himself is finally not all that important. Here, most of those necessary elements were MIA.

1. Action. There is some, but it is totally forgettable.
2. Humour. There is some, but not nearly enough. This movie actually tries even to take itself seriously - which is a major mistake
3. Babes. Two, but one just makes a cameo. The other one is acceptable - but wears too much clothes.
4. Villain. The biggest disappointment of the film. Red Skull is amongst the coolest comic books villains EVER - here, he appears late, does little and is disposed off quickly and easily. Poor Red Skull...
5. Despicable evil sidekick. Actually, not bad. Despicable dr Arnim Zola is one of the few strong points of this film.
6. Disposable henchmen. They are indeed disposable - a little bit too disposable...
7. Extravagant weapons, vehicles and/or lairs. Meh... Not terrific.

Ultimately, for my personal taste, it is mostly a failed film, the weakest of Marvel movies. I enjoyed "Avengers" (the first one), "The winter soldier", "The guardians of the Galaxy", both "Thors" (or should I rather say "both Loki's") and "Ant Man" much more. To be watched for a better understanding of what happens in "Avengers" and "The winter soldier".
on 4 November 2012
I am a Big Fan of the Marvel Film Genre,and this Film started off very well but it sadly descended into a series of Cut Scenes and disjointed characters..as an American Production it without fail portrays the British as Kind Hearted Bumpkins or Upper Class Toffs,and the Irish as Bowler Hatted Puglists..On a more upbeat note someone has done their Homework on the Hydra Weapons IE the Flying Wing America Bomber and the VTOL Fighter..What for me that really took the Wee Wee was that Hydra have developed totally unstoppable Weapons both light and heavy and yet they still get their bottoms kicked by a rag tag mish mash of allied POWS using conventional Weapons..IE the Infamous British Issue Sten Gun,and the 30.Cal Browning LMG...I know its just a Film but it is still way below Par..the acting is Laughable and Wooden..I expected so much more from this Film and it did not do the Captain America Genre ANY Justice.I do not like this Film.
on 4 May 2015
The film was great! However when I down loaded it it kept freezing. Value for money when watching it on instant video is not good at all. Would not recommend it.
on 14 April 2017
Captain America is great but when it arrived it was damaged, I didn't pay for a damaged Blu-ray film
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 May 2012
I thought the movie could be better made as a marvel comic film i thought it would be great like the rest ive seen but disapointing really.
on 5 July 2014
This is Hollywood rubbish lots of explosions, special effects , poor acting, thrown together story easy to forget rubbish