on 25 June 2014
This excellent book, in excellent condition, was delivered well in advance of the promised end-date. I was very satisfied with the performance of the supplier.

The book itself is a very clear exposition of the benefits of fair, honest and open dealings in fiscal and economic areas; and outlines with devastating clarity the way such systems have been slanted, distorted, and downright abused, to ensure that the rich get richer at no apparent social cost, while the poor get poorer and their plight is ignored. The extent to which governments are in the pockets of the City and its like institutions is laid bare. References are many, for further reading and for proof of what Will Hutton claims.

Anyone struggling with their finances would find 'Them and Us' fascinating reading; it should be obligatory for exploiters everywhere; because in a system as unfair as ours (in spades, in the US and, indeed, across the world), in the end everyone loses.
on 13 December 2012
This is a detailed hefty paperback which is an important read concerning issues which most politicians avoid addressing seriously enough. The author is an academic and those who read his book will, for the most part, be those who are already 'converted' to accepting the need for a fairer society. I have no idea how Will Hutton could express his ideas to tabloid readers, but it needs to be done.
One person found this helpful
on 9 August 2015
Hutton knows his subject, and riles against the unequal society we've become over the last 30 years. His analysis is faultless and his vision for the future unless we change course depressing, but he sets out a convincing blueprint to rescue us from neoliberal folly.
on 26 April 2015
The exposition of fairness in the first part of the book I find the most interesting and something I go back and re-read. I have great respect for this man and his ideas, regarding fairness and the stakeholder society, cements it.

We are living in a society where people are not getting their just desserts, and some others are getting the fruits of that labour and creaming it in.
on 31 August 2017
A most informative book, and a pleasure to read. I thank you for an excellent service.
on 9 November 2012
Well written and thought provoking. Useful background reading for anyone studying (or interested in) business, economics, politics, sociology, etc. Objective, factual and revealing.
One person found this helpful
on 4 October 2015
Amazing
on 26 February 2015
Another great book.
on 21 January 2013
This was recommended by my son and I am at present reading through it. I would recommend it to a friend.
on 5 April 2013
I am not finished it yet. Well written interesting and challenging, if the rest of the book is as good it will be an education of our countries unwholesome political set up.
|11 Comment|Report abuse