on 5 December 2010
I placed them outside yesterday and they look absolutely beautiful today...bright and clear. A great alternative to mains powered christmas lights.....keep those winter bills down!
on 15 August 2011
My solar lights arrived and were not working properly - they wouldn't charge up. I contacted Proxima via Amazon email and received a reply within a day; they asked me to dispose of the faulty set and said they would send out a replacement in the next few days. Two days later my new set arrived in the post and worked properly. It was unfortunate that the original set were faulty - but these things happen - the customer service was excellent and I couldn't ask for more than the service I received.
on 17 September 2013
Purchased 2 sets a year ago for friends and family. Both did not put the lights up until about Xmas time.
1 set stopped working pretty much within a month of putting out ( even after changing batteries it wouldnt work) whilst 1 set is still going, working fine on the same set of batteries. Think this is what I have found on most solar lights, the build quality is really hit and miss.

when on they are bright , the solar unit is fairly large and I would say that it doesnt appear that robust and sturdy ie dont push the stake into hard ground as it might break.
VINE VOICEon 10 December 2011
I was previously very pleased with this purchase, but on night 2 both sets of lights have faded after less than 1 hour. I hope that I will be able to get a replacement for these faulty items as I was previously very pleased as you will see from my earlier review below.

These lights are such a great idea, as we don't have any way of plugging outdoor lights in to go on our tree outside with the additional bonus that they don't cost us a penny to run. I put 2 sets of these lights up at 5pm last night, was so impressed that they ran all night and were still going strong at 7am the next morning (14 hours!!!). They switched off as the day dawned and hopefully are now charging up ready to sparkle all over again tonight and for many more to come.

Finally, it is certainly worth saying that for tiny LED lights they are pretty bright. Brilliant all round!
on 4 March 2011
I bought two sets. Neither worked properly, and only lit for approx 1-2 hours a day, and then after a few days
they stopped working altogether. I had to email them several times after returning the faulty product, before they finally issued a refund. I would recommend that you steer well clear of these dodgy lights.
on 20 January 2011
its now the 20th jan 2011 and the lights have just started working when purchased it was for the tree in garden for christmas they only stay alight for half hour at the most and concidering they were meant to charge up even on a dull day they arent very successful but will look lovely out of season when the sun comes just no good for the purpose bought and that was for christmas
on 5 January 2012
I ordered both white and blue to be used for Christmas and they looked very pretty but boy was I disappointed. Having fully charged both sets and put them out they lasted about 5hrs. Now having to perform with sunlight only, 1-2 hrs max I have other solar lights in the garden that keep going till past midnight. The battery is soldered on so not easy to change to see if its the battery. Not impressedProxima 100 LED 17M White Solar Powered Fairy Light Waterproof -- Garden Outdoor Christmas Lights -- Sales On, Ship by 1st Class Delivery
on 18 August 2011
does what the description says

after a day of full sun , the lights come on at dusk and wok till dawn

o.k. , not many days like that in the U.K., So on an average dull U.K.day, the lights come on at dusk and stay on for about 4 hours, but honestly who wants to stay awake all night or sit out in the cold to watch them for 4 hours or more

for just admiring at a party or BBQ they work fine and add a nice atmosphere to your garden

i am highly delighted with them for what they do

a few tips, keep the sensor clean, rain snow or heavy dust really reduce the charging, just wipe the sensor as you go by once a week
dont let plants grow over the sensor as it wont charge and keep it in irect sunlight
on 30 July 2012
Hello everyone.I bought these lights from Proxima and the delivery was very fast.However there was a problem with them and I contacted Proxima by email. They responded immediately and the following morning at 8 am I received a replacement.This is what I call great service. Thank you to Kyle and all concerned.Good company to deal with. Gwen Hole.
on 27 January 2014
They're very pretty but they don't really work very well. I started using them in December so maybe not much daylight but there's still at least 6 hours of daylight and this doesn't seem to be enough to give them any power and therefore the lights don't come on. I had one set outside and one set inside the house, both with the solar sources easily in view of daylight. Neitehr worked very well. We had to plug them in to the electric supply to make them work. Would not buy again because they are not solar powered, which is the main reason I bought them. They may be better in the summer, but if it gets dark at 10pm, we will not see the benefit of the lights as we'll be inside - pointless! The good thing is that when they are plugged in, they do look beautiful and very pretty.