Customer reviews

on 26 July 2013
In theory this is a great little idea, However unfortunately in reality the range on this thing isnt great. Ive found i have to be literally sat directly infront of the receiver for it to work. its a shame as it would be great if it was a bit more flexible with the range
on 25 May 2015
Swift dispatch from the seller. The device itself is okay, but temperamental. I was using it with a Raspberry Pi OpenElec video system and demonstrating it to someone, when this remote refused to interface with the Pi. The next day I tried again and it worked first time.
on 11 July 2013
It was a total waste of money. It needs a direct line of vision, you have to point very accurately.
The mouse toggle was totally useless as it had no real control.
This is a throw back to the 80s tech.
Avoid.
on 28 April 2013
Product arrived within the specified delivery time perfectly, I don't want most of the features as it's for a Raspberry Pi but it works well with more range than I need, and more importantly a good reception angle. Can't fault it for less that a fiver.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2015
The buttons are a bit awkward to press (sometimes it registers that you pressed a button multiple times when you only pressed it once). It gets the job done if you are using it to browse media center or media server and the mouse works fine on it also.
on 30 May 2012
As other reviewers have commented, the build quality reminds you that this is inexpensive, and the mouse cursor is a bit stiff, etc etc. I gave this 5 stars because, so far, it has done everything I wanted it to.

I use it with XBMC on Linux, where the only buttons that matter are the arrow keys, enter, play/pause and backspace. These all work, though others (like the volume keys) do not, at least without configuration. I don't need to try, though - I'm happy with this product.

It may be worth looking around for the best deal online - you may save a few quid. The generic product name is "PC Remote", and the best deals seem to be around £4 (more or less depending on whether you need it quickly).

Overall a perfectly good product. I will update this review if something else emerges.
on 24 February 2013
This is perfect for the price, I have a netbook connected to my TV in the bedroom and it means I can watch stuff on the netbook without having to bounce up and down all the time to pause, stop or even shut down the netbook. Great wee gadget.
on 4 August 2014
This is a very cheap plastic remote but it comes with a small IR USB remote lead that plugs into the Raspberry PI. I then use my Harmony remotes to actually control the PI. So, it was just a cheap way to get the Harmony to work with the PI.
on 12 March 2015
Fast delivery and a bargain price :-).
Worked straight from the box on the Raspberry Pi2 Xbian/Kodi.
Also used on Windows 7 once the drivers auto-installed - great fun when the kids are playing on it to move the mouse remotely...
on 14 October 2015
Plug and play with my Raspberry Pi 2B and Kodi / XBMC.
Now the Pi can be fixed to the back of the telly, out of sight except for the IR receiver, which I shall Blu-Tack to the top, next to the Wii receiver and the webcam. Ideal.