Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 April 2015
great
on 13 July 2014
Beautiful voice, love her.
on 22 December 2010
Bright Lights (the re-release of Lights) has been the soundtrack to my life this year, I've never come across an album quite like it. Ellie has such a wonderful and natural voice which just keeps getting better! If you're into songs with feeling and a varied pace and tempo then this is the album for you. It can be a chill out album, emotional, or uplifting. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!
on 5 December 2010
I have the original, but felt the need to buy this too. Ellie has one of the most distintive voices in music today and is a fantastic song writer. Usually albums have around three good tracks and the rest just fades into obsurity. Not this one.

This is about as good an album in the genre as you will find. How 'This Love' (will be your downfall) never ended up being released as a stand alone single is beyond me. I think it's the best song I have heard in 2010.

Her cover of 'Your Song' has earnt her even more plaudits and rightfully so. I have also had the delight of seeing Ellie perform live. 'Lights' 'The Writer' 'Starry Eyed' and 'Guns and Horses' all stand out and the latter really set the tone of the album, before you are taken on a real musical rollacoaster of heart felt emotion, musical sounds and voice inflection.

This album is 10/10 and the sound of 2010. I can't wait for her next offering in March 2011
on 5 March 2017
don't know many songs on this
on 10 March 2017
After seeing her in concert, a CD was a must. Play it all the while. Thank you.
on 27 March 2011
This album is the best! It makes you feel good and always gets me dancing! One of the best albums i've brought in a while!
Before i brought it, i had never thought anything of ellie goulding, never really heard of her. Then i heard that she had done a cover of 'Your Song' origannly by Elton John and i was confused because i didnt understand why anyone would want to cover such a perfect song. But then I listened to the ellie goulding version and realised that she is a very talented young female artist. All my previous thoughts of her had gone and i found that her unique voice had made the new cover by her, just as good, even better, than the elton john version. Immediately i brought the 'Bright Lights' album (from amazon of course!), downloaded it onto my iPod, then just sat and listened to each song carefully ( i tend to do this with each new album i get) to get a feel of each song and pick out bits that i like. Straight away, i fell in love with ellie goulding's style, voice, music and her in general.
On the album (even though i love all of them), my favourite songs have to be: Animal, The Writer, Everytime you go, Salt Skin, Guns and Horses and This Love (will be your downfall). I know i've probably said it already but they are soooo good! I love them! And i just want to point out that not all of the songs are dance-ey and upbeat. 'The Writer' for example, is slower than the others, but still has a good rhythm so is still fun to listen to.
A really great album, even if you don't normally go for music like this (similar to me - a big paramore and muse fan!), you will enjoy every second of every song, i assure you.
I hope my (way too detailed) reveiw helps you in choosing whether to buy this album or not, well really, it isn't a choice - buy it now!! :D
on 6 February 2011
I am always annoyed by re-releases, but I love this one! I adored "Lights", and was intrigued by the re-release, having heard "Your Song" on the radio. I was not disappointed to find 7 more delightful, uplifting tracks, some of which have been on repeat constantly on my radio(s) and Walkman. Such a 'happy' album; gorgeous, full of quirkiness and a definite feel good vibe running through it which makes it easy to listen to and a joy overall! Everyone in my family loves this, from my 2 daughters (aged 1 and 4) to my hubby and my own mother.
on 29 April 2012
Something about the songs on this album just puts me in a really light, happy mood. There isn't one track I don't like!! Love Ellie's enchanting voice, she doesn't just waffle on, hitting every note possible, her vocal patterns have actual structure. The best way I can describe this cd is fluffy and magical!
on 8 May 2015
i have no idea, this was a gift for my daughter