on 5 June 2013
This product is well built and comes in a useful zip/fabric case. It sits comfortably in the hand and is intuitive to use. The range is remarkable - I got over 25 metres in open space (and ran out of space before I ran out of range). It works well with power point and open office.com, I have used it with windows XP and a brand new Apple Mac with no problems. The laser pointer (red) is easy to see on the screen. It can switch the software from edit mode to screen show and back, change slides and set screen to black as required. It is as good as any I have used (which is quite a few). Highly recommended.
13 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 November 2015
I quite like the look and size of this, and the zipped travel case.

It connected successfully to my Win7 laptop, and I really liked the functionality.

Unfortunately as several others have found, the battery cover falls off with the lightest of touches (for example, when you are using it to make a presentation), it does not clip firmly in place. If this happened after a year or so of use I would just hold it in place with a piece of sticky-tape, or try to modify the angle of the tab supposed to lock the cover in place, but I am not prepared to do this with a brand-new item.
Seeing the same comment from some other reviewers, I do not see a point in trying to exchange it.

Returning it for refund (regrettably).
3 people found this helpful
on 27 December 2015
First of all it arrived in pieces: The back was off and it, together with the dongle that goes into your USB port were loose in the case. I don't know if this has affected the workings of anything but when I first put the battery in, nothing worked - yes I had switched it on. After wiggling the battery about the laser started to work. Just tried it with an actual slide show and the left/previous slide button is very erratic and either doesn't go back at all or makes the slideshow jumps back two or three points/slides (whatever you're showing).

The back cover is also very insecure. I will be sending it back to Amazon for a refund.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2015
I have used this product regularly over the last couple of years for teaching and presentations. The item has been dropped numerous times and it still looks and works as new. I have used the remote with MS Office (2007-2013), WPS Office, Open Office and Libre Office without issue. The five main buttons are well designed and provide a satisfying click when pressed; the large circular middle button activates the red laser, the right and left buttons switch slides, the bottom and top buttons close and open the presentation in full view. Additionally, there is a small off\on switch located on the top left side and a small connect button on the reverse (this cannot be pressed accidentally). The battery life is excellent; after 2 years of regular use (c. 5 hours a week) I have not needed to replace the single AA battery.

Set-up is easy; simply insert the receiver into the usb port and windows will auto install the relevant drivers (this may take a few minutes) and press connect on the remote. The supplied zipped bag contains a net to house the usb receiver and battery and a holder to house the remote (this is quite a tight fit). I have never had any trouble with the signal, even in large classrooms. A great product with plenty of mileage.
on 14 April 2016
I purchased this at the beginning of the school year in September. However, after not even a single school year of use it has malfunctioned incredibly. The small USB device has begun to turn off any computer it is plugged into.

I have tried it on multiple devices, laptop and desktop alike. The USB receiver no longer works and will turn off any device it is put into. The clicker itself functions as demonstrated by the laser pointer so the battery is not the issue. This has caused me to lose work on many devices and I've had to throw away the device.

I think it is a shame as this was my favourite classroom tool, but a handful of months is not really enough use for this product.
on 3 May 2017
The presentation clicker arrived very well packaged and on time ready for the presentation. The clicker itself appears and feels very light and a little 'plasticky' but it worked very well with the Office PowerPoint. I can see what people are saying about the removal of the battery cover possibly coming loose over time due to taking out the USB. There is an audible click every time you use the buttons but if you are a small distance away from the audience they wouldn't hear it, however in small confined spaces with a small group you could hear it as I found out. However overall I would recommend this presentation clicker for the price and usability - it is plug and go so to speak!
on 19 November 2015
I should start by saying that if I didn't use Linux I would be giving this product more stars. It's actually quite a nice little presenter and good value. It is comfortable in the hand and the forward and back buttons are a good size and easy to find without having to look down at your hand when you should be looking at the audience. It's major fault for a Windows user I would say is that the battery cover doesn't engage very positively and it feels as if it could come loose. This is a problem because the USB receiver is stored here, so there's a good chance you'll end up losing it if you're not careful. The buttons also make quite a loud click, which might be distracting in some environments.

The big problem for me, though, is that it doesn't work with a modern Linux machine (I did find some evidence that it used to work with older versions). This is despite the description clearly claiming that it does, which is why I selected this model. Only clicks to one of the four buttons are detected at all by Linux, so it's not even a question of remapping. It's basically useless with Linux. I've now purchased a Targus AMP13EU, which worked straight off with Ubuntu 14.04, and also has a very positive battery cover catch. The Targus is a little more expensive, and not as comfortable in the hand, but if you use Linux it's a much better bet
on 14 October 2015
This little gadget is excellent. I tend to walk when I teach and this little machine allows me the freedom to leave the computer. The laser pointer is great for highlighting important facts or important places in a diagram. This is great when you teach anatomy to a large class and want to draw their attention to a certain area. It fits snugly in your hand so no cumbersome machinery and for me you just plug the little USB thingy with it, the computer recognises the wireless presenter and away you go.
One person found this helpful
on 21 January 2016
Very impressed - the unit is as small as it could be, with easy-to-use controls and a nice rubberised texture; all of the features work perfectly straight out of the box with Windows 7; the USB dongle is tiny and hides away neatly; and the device uses a standard AAA battery. It even comes with a case, which is a nice bonus, although it does quadruple the space it takes up - if this is a problem, you can just drop the control straight in your bag without the case, and as it has an on/off switch, you don't have to worry about draining the battery if the buttons get pressed accidentally.
on 2 October 2015
Good for the price, but sometimes behaves strangely. During powerpoint presentations, I've had it skip 10 slides for seemingly no reason. The forward button wasn't pressed down or caught. When I unplugged the USB and used a mouse, the presentation worked fine. This has happened now on 2 different PCs and a laptop so I don't think it is a driver error. Maybe mine is possessed? Yeah, that's probably it. Possessed by demons of boring presentations which is why it is desperate to skip ahead. Also, the laser is also a bit weak and I don't think that has a paranormal explanation.