on 28 May 2017
ordered for old age lady, easy buttons to read, use and has quite a few handy inclusions, such as sos, torch etc, screen is lit brightly and numbers shown on screen are clearly visible, also with the speed dial settings makes it even easier for the user, but not needed as everything clearly readable, and buttons on the phone easily accessed and used without issues. battery life is also good, and the user has been quite comfy using it, without much difficulty at all. overall a good buy for a basic phone with some much needed functions for the elderly.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 November 2011
I bought this for my wife as she wanted an easy to use phone. Its simple to set up and use and lets face it, its a phone. I had no intention of spending a shedload of money on a phone with features that she'll never use. The little instruction book is just that, little. I had difficulty reading it at all so, I just muddled it and had the whole thing set up in minutes including setting up on a network (Orange) and adding various names and numbers to the menu. For the money, its worth it but, if you want to take pictures, video's, internet, don't bother. It's a phone!!!!!
on 31 May 2010
I bought this for my elderly inlaws so that when they are having hospital, dentist appointments etc they can call a taxi or arrange transport. It is perfect and very good value for money.
However just one little niggle-it is quite clear that this is an import from probably S.E.Asia and the instructions that came with it are not much use.The fact that they are written in very,very small print doesn't help either.(considering it is a 'Big Button' phone for the older person who has difficulty reading a normal mobiles' numbers)I had difficulty myself reading the instructions as did my daughter. I had to print out an 'instruction' sheet for my inlaws in case they needed to change or add anything.
I suggest that the retailers might take this on board in future. Not all older citizens have someone who can sort that out for them.
That aside it does what it says-a perfect mobile for the older generation who are not into gizmos and gadgets!
66 Comments| 259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 January 2018
Lasted five year, battery no longer working so had to replace but it was good value for money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Got this for my mum who nearly had a heart attack when I tried to teach her to use a smartphone. The buttons are big, the volume is loud and the keys speak the numbers so the hard of sight know they've hit the right buttons.

Takes a little bit of setting up and the menus aren't as intuitive, in my opinion, as say an iPhone but for the elderly its a gem
on 22 October 2017
I gave the phone to my brother as a gift
on 5 March 2017
Good Item
on 31 March 2017
very basic
on 17 July 2017
Bought as a gift!
on 7 December 2013
I bought this phone as a side-phone. So far, it is working perfectly with me and serving my purpose. I liked the design, simplicity, light weight, and performance. It is a bit tricky but not challenging to customise the settings, as there is not dedicated menu button and operating system is very basic. In the end, I am satisfied overall. Now, I will have to see for how long this phone lasts.